UKC

CAMP ice screws and axes - any feedback?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peebles boy 19 Mar 2013

Looking at splashing the cash and getting some new screws seeing as the ones I have are, frankly, a pile of crap. May also stretch to new axes....

Just wondering if anyone has used the CAMP Radions (or the Streams for that matter) and have any feedback on either model, good or bad?

What about the CAMP X-Dream, X-All mountain and X-Alp axes? Anyone got/used/tried out these axes and any feedback on them? (especially the X-Allmountain, seems most likely as the model I would be looking at.)

Reason I ask about CAMP stuff specifically is I think I can get them at a discounted price, and I've used their general climbing kit (nuts, "Friends", hexes, krabs etc) for years and always got on well with them - yeah, they're not the best in the world, but they do the job well and they're generally cheaper than the other big names..

Any info appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Gordon.
 Wesley Orvis 19 Mar 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

i use the CAMP x-alp axes and love them, only climb low grade to mod, i still have a pair of DMM Flys but prefer the CAMP's in all honesty.
OP peebles boy 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Wesley Orvis:

Don't suppose you've used/been able to find the replacement handles in the UK to convert to leashless for the X-Alps?

http://www.camp-usa.com/products/cassin/cassin-technical-ice/x-grips.asp

Wesley Orvis 19 Mar 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

no sorry i use leashes and haven't needed new picks yet, only been using them this season, but like i said i really like them.
 TobyA 19 Mar 2013
In reply to peebles boy: My friend is climbing loads of hard routes with those tools: http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/author.html?id=127350
 Hannes 20 Mar 2013
In reply to peebles boy: I have two camp radions I got very cheap and I'm happy I didn't pay much for them. They are difficult to start and difficult to screw in, they are also really awkward to rack unless you have a petzl flute or similar. Not screws I would buy again for more than £20 a pop, if that even. Obviously if the option is a non winder type screw they may be better but even my short BD non winder one seems to go in easier with less faff.
 stuart58 20 Mar 2013
In reply to peebles boy: i can sell u some bd expresses if you want

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...