UKC

Lovefilm or Netflix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broady 20 Mar 2013
which one is best, got netflix at the moment and am watching it through a Nintendo Wii on the main tv.
In reply to broady:

I've got both, mostly watch on iPad, sometimes on PS3 or PC.

Until about a month ago Netflix was miles better on iPad because LoveFilm crashed all the time. Now it's more balanced. LoveFilm has a wider choice of movies and Netflix has a lot of good US TV a lot of which has never made it to freeview TV in the UK.

LoveFilm has a lot more flashy pictures in its client but the client is also slower as a result. Netflix is fast and reliable. If I had to go for only one I'd go for Netflix but they are so cheap getting both is a reasonable option.
 Puppythedog 20 Mar 2013
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh: Who own these companies? I'm avoiding Amazon but would like a similar service to these.
myth 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady: Love film. Despite their website being flakey and prone to stalling it has a far better choice.

Netflix has subtitles which is useful but their choice of films is truely dire imho.
myth 20 Mar 2013
In reply to puppythedog: amazon 'own' lovefilm. dunno bout net flix.
 LaMentalist 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady:

Throwing a curve ball in http://www.viewster.com/

I don't know much about it but have watched a few indy films via viewster & it seems fine , don't think it has many TV series yet but it has a few . A lot of the films are free too but with ads .
 Bonzkars 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady:

I have Netflix, but the UK version doesn't have great licensing - Netflix US is much better - tons more movies etc.

I tend to use a proxy to watch the US version through my UK account. works a treat.
 Bonzkars 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady:

And House Of Cards is brilliant TV
 Jon Stewart 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady: if the choice is better on love film then net flix must be awful. I'm not impressed with what's available on lf
In reply to broady:
I'm disappointed with Netflix and will probably change
 Shani 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady:
> which one is best, got netflix at the moment and am watching it through a Nintendo Wii on the main tv.

I tried a free month long trial with BOTH - but only Netflix had 'Breaking Bad'.
In reply to broady:

We have had Lovefilm for a while. Pretty good and the fact that it doesn't have all the biggest movies means you end up watching some real gems from time to time (and turkeys, but you can switch those off).

We have an internet-enabled TV and the control system through that is dreadful. Slow and virtually impossible to search. I wish it would allow you to build up a 'watch list' off line and then select them on the TV, but it doesn't work like that. I haven't tried the NetFlix 1 and iPlayer is also slow. It seems to be an area where the technology offered is way ahead of the user interface.

Alan
andrew breckill 20 Mar 2013
In reply to broady: I considered them, but after researching found they don't bother with the multi channel surround very often, so I opted for love film blue rays via post. Generally watch 6 movies a week wi this service and am pleased so far, bd picture quality and hd dts soundtracks.
 Matt Rees 20 Mar 2013
In reply to bonzka:

Do you need a US account to do this, or just the proxy? I have a US account now but am relocating, was hoping to be able to keep watching eth US content.
 Bonzkars 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Matt Rees: If you're UK based you'll have Netflix UK. get a proxy setup and you'll be watching everything Netflix US has to offer. Couple of Youtube tutorials somewhere on how to do it.
 Lew13 23 Mar 2013
In reply to broady:

In Canada at the moment and have been using Netflix for iPad for the past month (free trial). I like it but my only gripe is that they don't have a huge choice - considering its effectively a film rental store I think they should have more.

Going try Lovefilm one now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...