UKC

boulder brighton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kev74 22 Mar 2013
Anyone been to the new climbing wall in brighton.
 RFWilkie 22 Mar 2013
In reply to kev74:

Yup, its very nice. 12 circuits on slabs walls overhangs and roofs, some off circuit problems, slackline, a small cafe and a nice vibe.

Bit pricey for one off entry but OK if you buy a pack or go for monthly/annual entry.

Will be there again tonight.
 stevedude888 22 Mar 2013
In reply to kev74: Grading felt a bit soft, but apart from that it's very good!
 RFWilkie 22 Mar 2013
In reply to stevedude888:

Agree grades are definitely very soft especialy on the white, black and red and white circuits hopefully they'll get better at that with time.
 iccy 22 Mar 2013
In reply to kev74:

I thought about heading down but have so far been put off by the price. £12.50 is a lot for a session.
 Cliff Hanger 22 Mar 2013
In reply to RFWilkie:
> (In reply to stevedude888)
>
> Agree grades are definitely very soft especialy on the white, black and red and white circuits hopefully they'll get better at that with time.

I'd better get down there pronto before they realise their error... a tick is atick in my book!
 RFWilkie 22 Mar 2013
In reply to iccy:

Its only £11.50 though granted that is still expensive.
 PeterJuggler 22 Mar 2013
In reply to kev74: It's very good. Plenty to have a go at. Some of the grading is soft for indoor but I think is about right compared to outdoor. Purple in the cave area seems quite stiff at 6B.
Unless you only intend to only go once, you're better off paying for a pack of 5 or 10. You can use them any time within a year.
 neuromancer 25 Mar 2013
In reply to kev74:

Bunch of workshy gits opening at 2pm!
 hcaw 08 Apr 2013
In reply to kev74:
Yes it's fantastic, great to finally have a wall near Brighton. I even saw Super Hans from Peep Show there the other day. A monthly is £44 so well worth the money if you go twice a week.
 Elrond 08 Apr 2013
In reply to kev74:

Got down there for the first time tonight. Awesome centre, staff are all really friendly, really good range of walls, problems and holds etc.. Nice to finally have somewhere a little closer to home!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...