UKC

Reasonably priced softshell jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chay 23 Mar 2013
Hi Guys,

My softshell jackets are pretty tired now; in addition, I've lost a lot of weight so they don't fit very well anymore.

Anyway, I'm after a reasonably priced jacket (I'm a student so budget is tight). Mainly be used as an outer layer for climbing in spring/summer/autumn or in a layering system in the winter.

Must have velcro/fastening cuffs and be slim fitting.

Thanks for recommendations.
C
 Nathan Adam 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: When you say reasonably priced, do you mean less than £100 or could you stretch to a bit more ? If so then the ME Orbital is a great jacket and has all the features you ask for. A bit of searching online should get you one for around £130, or even less if you happen to be at either the small or very large end of the sizing spectrum.
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Nath93: Definitely less than £100.

I'm very small, often an XS which often saves me some cash. Not a chance I could stretch to £100+ though.

Thanks.
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Any experience of the Rab Sawtooth? Rab always have been a good investment for me, £55 online atm.
 Andy_B39 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Have a look at the new Montane alpine stretch jacket, nice and light, non membrane and rrp of £90.
 martinph78 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Go Outdoors is your friend, quite a few softshells for around £30
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Andy_B39: I do like the look of that I must say; though price is more important and £90 is top end for me.

Thanks.
C
 dale1968 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: North Face Durango
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Martin1978: Go outdoors have some decent looking "North Ridge" jackets, the spindrift model for example..any experience?
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Nath93: That's an excellent price...definitely worth considering!
 Nathan Adam 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: I paid £120 for it because i couldn't get it in a medium anywhere for any less. For £70, its a steal !
 BnB 23 Mar 2013
Yep fantastic price, that.

The ME is very durable and almost a hardshell, the Montane Alpine is much more comfortable to wear, very good stretch. Each has their advantages depending on the weather.
 martinph78 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: No experience, I don't like softshells to be honest Some of the regatta gear is pretty good for the price though.
 rj_townsend 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: I've had the Bionassay jacket fro Decathlon for a few years - fantastic piece of kit. No velcro cuffs though, but for £50...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bionassay-softshell-mens-hiking-fleece-black-id_...
 nniff 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay:

Mountain Warehouse are knocking out their own brand soft shells for £29 in a sale at the moment - They looked really quite reasonable
OP Chay 23 Mar 2013
In reply to nniff: They don't look bad, very cheap too!
 jimjimjim 23 Mar 2013
In reply to rj_townsend: 2nd decathalon gear. I've got loads of it. Love it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...