UKC

dmm renegade

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
garbage 24 Mar 2013
Hi, I'm looking at getting one of these harnesses - mainly due to the floating waistband and plentiful gear loops. Anyone seen a good deal for it as they are rather expensive. best I've found is £60 at V12.

If not is there a cheaper alternative that either has two waist buckles or the same sort of sliding design with lots or large gear loops - main use is trad climbing.

Thanks very much
 Adam Hughes 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: £50 on rock and run, it's the pro version, so threadback buckles,

Which one are you after?
 Dan_S 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
I found that the renegades leg loops cut into my thighs painfully when sat in it, so opted for Eldrid Jay harness (has floating waist band), and found the 4 loops to be a good size
garbage 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: Cheers, Ideally it was the non threadback version but seeing as its £50 I can probably deal with that. I will check out the elderid one aswell
 cuppatea 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
If you're after a large size then the renegade pro can be had for 38 quid. See the "any harness deals?" thread.

garbage 24 Mar 2013
In reply to cuppatea: Thanks for the suggestion but I'm needing a small. Found that thread aswell which has got alot of good ideas
 Camm 24 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:
I like my renegade, good harness, I think cheapest I found when I bought it was about £58, well worth it too.
 cuppatea 24 Mar 2013
In reply to danrock101:

I agree, great harness. Got mine from theoutdoorshop as linked above. Very good shop to deal with

I think the renegade mark 2 is coming out somewhen ... might mean some bargains to be had soon on the 'old' model. Might be worth a google.

Shame that gooutdoors don't stock DMM!
garbage 25 Mar 2013
In reply to cuppatea: I tried it on in the shop the other day and now ordered. Thanks v much for the help
 neuromancer 27 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:

Hope you didnt get the threadbacks. I find mine to be a collosal ballache.
 cuppatea 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neuromancer:
> (In reply to garbage)
>
>
> Hope you didnt get the threadbacks. I find mine to be a collosal ballache.

I think your leg loops are too tight.

Or your waist belt is too loose and the harness is riding up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...