UKC

weather in drome-france lately

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pork pie girl 25 Mar 2013
how's it looking ... anyone live down there? enty you online?
 jon 25 Mar 2013
In reply to pork pie girl:

Been pretty mixed. Varies from almost too warm on south facing crags to rainy and cold. There doesn't seem to have been a long stable period all winter/spring. Some pockets full of water three days ago at the Dentelles. I'd imagine steeper tufa routes at St Leger might be seeping... maybe not? Meteo rather unsettled for this week: http://france.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-france/ville/previsions-meteo-malauce... Been nice today though.
 Enty 25 Mar 2013

What Jon said - see you next week eh?

(Jon you out tomorrow?)

E
 jon 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Enty:

Could be...
OP pork pie girl 27 Mar 2013
In reply to jon: cheers for info Jon
In reply to Enty: hiya... we were really looking forward to coming ... but it's going to be a last minute decision as i've got a bit of a locked up SI joint that i didn't start to try and get loosened up until last week... had it for several weeks... now resulting in very tight and inflammed lower back muscles on the opposite side. first time an injury that isn't related to an arm or finger injury has stopped me climbing (but only for a few days so far)

on top of this i have a cold that's bloody well got to my chest now

so i'm concerned about travelling down there in the van and struggling to stay comfortable and not aggravating the problem..then nights in the van and possibly prolonged mornings due to waiting for poor weather to pass, not being able to get mountain bike gear dry ( as will be out on the bikes pretty much every day after climbing) etc could all result in buggering up the injury more

i keep checking the weather, i have an open ended ferry ticket so we might delay for a few days...

malham forecast isn't looking tropical but it is actually looking drier than buis!! but not as warm

any crags you can suggest that will be sheltered from rain with very little seepage?
 Enty 27 Mar 2013
>
>
> any crags you can suggest that will be sheltered from rain with very little seepage?

round here?

E
In reply to Enty: yeah

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...