UKC

Rab mountain guide vapour rise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andrew breckill 26 Mar 2013
My rab vapour wear is starting to lose performance, think its a decade old now, never been reproofed or treated with anything, so thinking of treating myself to a warmer replacement, how is the guide jacket for UK condiditions? I travel hot, so am concerned about excessive sweating.
 aldo56 26 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill: It was too hot for me in anything but the coldest of days. It's also not really wind proof so I got rid of mine!
andrew breckill 26 Mar 2013
In reply to aldo56: hot is my concern, amazing how hot I get in my old school smock, hmmm, the alpine guide might be a better option for me then. Incidentally what you replace it with?
 aldo56 26 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill: I went much for a much lighter jacket and i'm very happy with it:

http://marmot.com/products/ether_driclime

It's not as heavily featured as the Rab(hood isn't adjustable, less pockets etc) but it does a very good job of blocking out the wind and wicking away sweat. It's also okay in light rain and layers well when required. As recomended by Andy Kirkpatrick and me!
 Neil Pratt 26 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill:

I had the VR Guide and sold it as I found it too hot. I now use the VR Alpine Lite which is a really good piece of kit - I tend to feel the cold a bit more than I used to, but I find it a pretty decent bit of kit on most days, either with just a base layer if I'm likely to be on the move most of the time, or with a gilet of some sort underneath if I'm likely to have periods where I'm standing around.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...