UKC

Mountain apps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hendofan 27 Mar 2013
Ive found a couple of really good apps for iphone, the all snow app is good for forecasts and the swiss maps free app has some good info. Does anyone have any good ones they can share.
 peas65 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Hendofan:

Mammut safety app, has a good clinometer to measure slope angles and some other interesting info.
MaxWilliam 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Hendofan:

Skitracks is very good.
 smuffy 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Hendofan: Not sure if it's available for the iphone but there is an android app called Grid Reference. Theres no mapping software but I find it very accurate and very fast for obtaining a simple grid reference of my current position. I turn the APP on and then by the time I get the map out the grid reference is available. It's invaluable in whiteout winter conditions or in the dark.
 funalps 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Hendofan:
Not exactly an app, but it is possible to get alpine route descriptions onto your phone for free. To see selected easier routes for the Mont Blanc region go to the www.funalps.com site, scroll down until you get to the blue titles for the different types of outings, e.g. rock climbing, ski touring etc, and select the list you want. Place this in i-books. Selected your chosen route from the list and this will link you to a "mobile" version of a route description in English from the camptocamp.org site. Works on my wife's i-phone 3, but have not got it working on my Samsung Galaxy Y, because of the way it handles links in pdf files.

Making the whole thing more user friendly should not be too difficult if there was any demand for it.
 mikekeswick 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Hendofan: App store = crap store

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...