UKC

trad & multipitch conditions north wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j.richards 28 Mar 2013
Hi

I'm planning a wee trip to north Wales the week after Easter. What are the rock conditions like at the moment. If everything is covered in snow I will have to re-consider and head further south.

Any comments or advise welcome

J
 Chay 28 Mar 2013
In reply to j.richards: Tremadog might work; that's where I'm heading this weekend anyway. No snow there.
 Mike Nolan 28 Mar 2013
In reply to j.richards: Tremadog was great today. Warm when the sun was out and in shelter but chilly in the wind with no sun. Gogarth yesterday was pretty nice too, until it started snowing on the last pitch! Sea was really calm and again, it was nice in the sun, but freezing in the shade!

Anything in the mountains will be covered by snow. There's still signs up the pass saying 'Road Closed' and although the road is passable, there's a lot of snow; too much for climbing on rock anyway.

I'll probably be up in Gogarth or Tremadog again after Easter, conditions will be nice hopefully!
OP j.richards 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Mike Nolan:
Cheers for the info. Heading down on Saturday so fingers crossed for good weather and good conditions. Crampons and axes packed as well mind you.

J

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...