UKC

NEWS: La Rambla, 9a+, 2nd go by Megos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Mar 2013
Alexander Megos on Pure Imagination, 8c+, Red River Gorge, 5 kbAlexander Megos, the 19 year old German who made the world's first 9a onsight, has struck again, making the quickest ever repeat of La Rambla, 9a+, at Siurana, Spain.
Strengthened by his recent success, and what must be excellent beta from his friend Felix Neumärker, Alex first tried to flash the...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67952
 GDes 30 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: blimey. If, a few yeas ago, someone had said that la ramblA will be nearly flashed, it would have seemed impossible. Phenomenal.
 owensum 30 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

This kids been eating his Weetabix! Wow yeah hard to comprehend these ever increasing standards amongst the up and coming kids these days. I hope it doesnt stop, its pretty inspiring
 Morgan Woods 30 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

even more amazing that he didn't apparently properly red-point it. I know that even if i come close to a flash subsequent attempts might not always be better since crucial sequences might not be wired. Not a problem for him obviously.
 Al Evans 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods: I am currently working this route, having almost made it to the first bolt about 10 years ago!
 Pete O'Donovan 31 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

This is a stunning achievement!

That he (Alex Megos) got so close on his first go, even with his mate calling the moves, is even more impressive.

New World Order: I think it's great that Adam Ondra now has a little competition.

Pete.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...