UKC

Career change - how to get into CRM software sales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deanr 03 Apr 2013
I'm looking to change career slightly and want to get into the wonderful world of CRM software sales. I have done Client Management for an insurance software company for 12 years, but think that CRM software offers greater opportunities.

I've searched on the internet for various options, but can't seem to work out how to break into the industry.

Does anyone work in this field and have any advice of how to start. Are there any courses I can take or a particular system to study?

Thanks!
 EeeByGum 03 Apr 2013
In reply to deanr: I wish you well, but I am not sure I have never met a developer who moved in to sales or visa versa. The two are at complete opposites of the scale. Good luck!
In reply to deanr: Im in IT sales and had to work hard to get into it from the medical industry (I also used to be in insurance many years ago).

As with any careers change, you need to understand the players and get to know the recruiters and there are many in IT sales. Google will help you.

my first prt of call would be to SalesForce, one of the most successful global IT CRM (cloud) platforms - my company uses it (13,000 employees) and so does my wife's 30 employees.

OP deanr 03 Apr 2013
In reply to EeeByGum: Thanks! But I work in Client Management, I do a bit of looking after customers and a bit of Business Development, not a developer bone in my body!
OP deanr 03 Apr 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Thanks, my current company uses salesfore too and I was part of the team who decided on this
 EeeByGum 03 Apr 2013
In reply to deanr: Ah - that would explain it. No universal laws are about to be broken!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...