UKC

Cairngorms 8 tops ski tour in 24 hours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mountaineer 03 Apr 2013
A round trip of the eight highest Munros in the Cairngorms was skied in 24 hours over the Easter weekend. To see the video go to: youtube.com/watch?v=yC7g4P0uCtM&
Slugain Howff 03 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer:

Nice one - thanks for posting
Srick 04 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer:

One hell of a tour! What ski set up do you use? You seem to be shifting distance quite well.
OP mountaineer 05 Apr 2013
In reply to RichardAWatson:
> (In reply to mountaineer)
>
> One hell of a tour! What ski set up do you use? You seem to be shifting distance quite well.

Hi Richard, I used Fischer Europa 99s (210cms length) with Nordic 75mm 3 pin bindings and leather boots. Challenging on some of the descents but ideal for all the flat and uphill. Roger.
Removed User 05 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer:

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
 Doug 06 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer: Thanks, now feeling home sick
Tim Chappell 06 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer:

Impressive. I'm jealous.
Srick 06 Apr 2013
In reply to mountaineer:
> Hi Richard, I used Fischer Europa 99s (210cms length) with Nordic 75mm 3 pin bindings and leather boots. Challenging on some of the descents but ideal for all the flat and uphill. Roger.

Ahh, that will be why then. The flat and uphill capability of them will be much better than my fat-ish BD verdicts, with damier pro bindings.

I regularly ski with a tellemarker who does X country skiing, fed up with keeping up with him on the skin up! Mind you I'm getting confident at bombing it downhill! I don't think i could do more than 15 mile in a day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...