UKC

Birchen Edge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 03 Apr 2013
Does anyone know if Birchen Edge is snow-free and climbable, or if it will be by Saturday?

Thank you
OP BusyLizzie 05 Apr 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie: bumpity bump
 EeeByGum 05 Apr 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie: Should be fine I would have thought. Windgather certainly was on Tuesday. May be a bit damp under foot though.
 JIMBO 05 Apr 2013
 Ropeboy 05 Apr 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Bump

I've been to Stanage and Burbage N quite a bit and there's talk about some of the other crags on the snow balling threads on here and the other channels but not read anything about Birchens though.

Sorry.

J
In reply to BusyLizzie: Thank you all very much!!

(both for the comments on conditions, and for the new temptation to spend the morning watching peregrines on Derby Cathedral via the webcam when I am supposed to be working)
 duchessofmalfi 05 Apr 2013
2nd hand from someone there on Monday "fine to climb but damp underfoot and some snow on the ground"
In reply to duchessofmalfi: Marvellous - thank you!
L
 Michael Hood 06 Apr 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie: Bit late for Saturday but if you go to the Roaches you can get some snow free climbing in and get great views of the Peregrines nesting on the upper tier - better than watching the webcams.
OP BusyLizzie 07 Apr 2013
In reply to Michael Hood: Thank you! Would that I could. But Birchen Edge was delightful yesterday
 JIMBO 07 Apr 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie: I was there too, your post inspired me. Had a great day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...