UKC

Alpkit skyehigh 1000 sleeping bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Richard88 10 Apr 2013
I have narrowed down my sleeping bag hunt to this. Anyone had/have one or want to offer their opinion on what they're like?
Cheers!
Richard
 Slarti B 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Richard88:
I have a Skyehigh 800 which is great for winter ( have bivvied in -5 no problem) and a Skyehigh 600 which is good for rest of year (warm in summer so I have it half open.
Both excellent value for money.

You would need to be going somewhere really cold to need a 1000!
 Neil Williams 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Slarti B:

I use a 1000 and like it. Has a bit of a feather leak at the moment (no idea how it happened but I figure I will enlist my Mum's sewing machine to fix it).

Too warm for indoor, but it's nice being able to sleep in just my boxers as I do at home, but in minus goodness knows what.

Neil
 Axel Smeets 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Richard88:

I have one of these. Great bag for the money - you would have to pay at least 50% more for a similarly rated big brand bag. I've used it in about minus 10 and it was perfectly warm with a set of merino leggings and a top. Highly recommended.
Richard88 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Axel Smeets: thanks for all the replies guys. Im going with the 1000 as I may be interrailing later this year around Norway, Sweeden and a few other colder countries and wanted a bag I could take as a back up if im camping at anytime. Also winter camp in the Beacons very often and fancy heading up to Scotland end of this year so it should keep me very toasty for these too!
Thanks again,
Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...