UKC

Kalymnos - bus times from Pothia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HB1 11 Apr 2013
Heading to Kalymnos next week. We'll stay in Mastichari overnight and cross on either the 9.00am (slow) or the 11.00am (fast) ferry. Does anyone know if we can get a reasonable bus connection from Pothia (and save a bob or two)?

Cheers H
 mux 11 Apr 2013
In reply to HB1: usually regular buses from Pothia to the other side of the island, every hour or so during the tourist season. Activity on the island is picking up now so it should be up and running.Taxi to Armeos is about 18 euros during the day. Or you can rent a car really cheaply from a place just by the ferry..you will need some sort of transport anyway. Bikes are fun but if there is a few of you a car is cheaper.

OP HB1 11 Apr 2013
In reply to mux: thanks, but I know all this! I'm just asking about actual times Pothia to Massouri. And is it 18E taxi to M now?! Maybe I'd better walk
 mux 11 Apr 2013
In reply to HB1: Ah sorry thought you had know knowledge of the island.. last taxi I paid for was 25e but that was early hours of the morning I have only heard of 18e being charged.

Bus time tables are an estimate at best, In my experience I would give 10-15 mins either side of the time stated..but there will be one if you wait long enough..2-3e I think, but I don't use them much so I could be wrong.

OP HB1 11 Apr 2013
In reply to HB1: Do any of you Kaly (semi) residents know about the bus times by any chance?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Apr 2013
In reply to HB1:

11:00, 13:45, 15:00

Chris
OP HB1 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs: Thanks Chris. We'll get the 9.00 ferry then
BigFreddy 12 Apr 2013
In reply to HB1: not sure about this year but last year there was a regular daily bus at massouri through to emporious . i allways assumed that that one kicked off in Pothia about 9.00 to tie in with the arrival of the 8.05 ferry from masachari.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...