UKC

Why cams so expensive second hand

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cookieman 13 Apr 2013
Looking to extend my rack with some dmm cams.see 4cu on sale for £30 on the forums quiet a lot,cheaper new online.All other climbing gear seems to be half price or under
 neuromancer 13 Apr 2013
In reply to cookieman:

They hold their value and their condition well. 30 seems steep for a secondhand 4cu, I'm selling some c4's for less than that secondhand.
 Cheese Monkey 13 Apr 2013
In reply to cookieman: Just make an offer you find acceptable.
 Offwidth 13 Apr 2013
In reply to cookieman:

Wait for the right price. £30 for sceond hand cams unless nearly new is just stupid. Some people will buy scrap value cams on ebay for £10 so its no surprise.... good deals in shops, clearance sales etc are the best way to go unless you find someone honest.
 efrance24234 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Offwidth: I disagree. You buy a cam because of what it does not how it looks. If second hand it still does that job just as well as new then why should people sell them so cheap?
Elliot.
 Offwidth 13 Apr 2013
In reply to efrance24234:

The link to Needle Sports in a post I made that went missing I guess breached site guidelnes. Its easy enough to find though.

so back on topic you think £30 is a good price because it does the job just as well; I think cheaper, new, from a reputable dealer with proper consumer rights is a much better deal.
 Offwidth 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

....and that's before the extra 5% off if you buy 3.
 efrance24234 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Offwidth: me too.
 GrahamD 15 Apr 2013
In reply to cookieman:

Puzzles me what people will pay for them. Of all climbing gear, cams are probably the most prone to wear and tear: they have soft slings, fragile wires and grit wears the moving parts.
 knighty 15 Apr 2013
In reply to cookieman:

I would expect to pay *at the very maximum* new price minus ~20% because of VAT, and that's if it's virtually brand new. As others have said, just offer a price that you think is fair; if the seller is offended, no wukkas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...