UKC

London walls - emergency service discounts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Jam 13 Apr 2013
quick question - does anybody happen to know if any of the climbing walls in London give discounted entry for members of the emergency services? Thanks
 The Lemming 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Daniel James:

Out of curiosity why should they, especially as the Emergency Services aren't that badly paid compared to, well compared to any worker paid over minimum wage?
 Oceanrower 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Daniel James: White Spider does for Fire and Police.
 JayPee630 13 Apr 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Not sure they 'should', it's just that some do. Recognition of a public service that often aren't that well paid actually.
OP Dan Jam 13 Apr 2013
In reply to The Lemming: As a method of promoting their business? I'm not saying any company should or shouldn't offer a discount on that basis but my choice of where i want to climb will certainly be influenced by having a discount. Thanks for all replies!
marmot hunter 13 Apr 2013
No different to any other subsidies - children's bus fares, children eat free, 'Help for Heroes' free tickets to the Olympics, staff discounts to employees.
They are all down to the individual businesses.
 Rich K 13 Apr 2013
The Reach does for police, fire, ambulance and the armed forces.
 1202alarm 13 Apr 2013
The Westway gives you the concessionary rate if you are in the job. No idea about LAS or Trumpton though?
 Yanis Nayu 13 Apr 2013
In reply to Rich K:
> (In reply to Daniel James)
> The Reach does for police, fire, ambulance and the armed forces.

What about the AA?
 Cliff Hanger 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity: very funny!
 helix 15 Apr 2013
In reply to Daniel James: When I saw the title, I was hoping this thread was going to be about some kind of frequent customer discount for London wall users needing the emergency services.
Yours disappointedly
Helix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...