UKC

Costa Blanca.. Ware to stay close to the crags?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sip a cup 14 Apr 2013
HI!

Two of us are booking a trip end of May. A couple of questions... Do we need a car to get about? Is there cheap self catering/ bed and breakfast close to the crags? We're both climbing in the 7s. Thanks!
 Mark Morris 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup: Sam Mayfield will be along shortly, or google "the orange house". A car is handy, but you could hook up with other climbers if you stay at the Orange House. I believe they have self catering places in the village as an option too - Finestrat.
 JayK 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup:

Get yourself a car and make sure you check out Forada. Probably be a really good temperature for it at the end of May. Absolutely class crag.
 Fishmate 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup: I'm off to Sella on Tuesday and this is my understanding. A car is necessary and in a group of 8, I had to contribute £130 towards car hire and food etc. Routes are from f3 to f8c+ and 300 plus routes in all. Other areas are at least 20 minutes drive away so a car is essential. I'm sure many on here will have a better idea. Enjoy.

We are staying at www.casaroc.com.
 earlsdonwhu 14 Apr 2013
In reply to Fishmate: 130 quid towards food and car hire??? Sounds blooming expensive for a group!
 3leggeddog 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup:

Stay in the 'dorm. Climb all day, party all night
 crustypunkuk 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup:
A bus from Benidorm to Finestrat was 3 Euro, a taxi for the same journey was 16, but took a fraction of the time. Finestrat is a beautiful wee place with access to lots of trad and sport crags, but is pretty small, so not too much in the way of accommodation from what i saw, although i only spent a couple of hours there after Puig Campana. There are a few buses around the area, but they only run in the mornings and after 4.
 David Coley 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup: Another vote for the orange house. You should ask them if their new bunkhouse at sella will be open by then. However, without a car you will have to walk to find food.
OP sip a cup 14 Apr 2013
Looks like the orange house is the spot.
Any one know the cheapest car hire company's
Out there. Also what is the best guide book. Thanks!
 The Ivanator 14 Apr 2013
In reply to sip a cup: Detailed discussion of car hire pros and cons here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=532470
I used Centauro and had no problems.
Orange House is a good set up.
The newly published Rockfax Costa Blanca is the guide you want:
http://www.rockfax.com/climbing-guides/books/costa-blanca-2013/
Enjoy it ...we had 26 degrees in January, so hope it isn't too scorching!
OP sip a cup 14 Apr 2013
Thanks! Most helpfull!
 Sam Mayfield 16 Apr 2013
In reply to Mark Morris:
> (In reply to sip a cup) Sam Mayfield will be along shortly, or google "the orange house".

Thanks Mark :0)

End May from the 27th we are closed as got a school here taking all rooms.

Before then we are fine and I am surprised at the number of climbers here as the season should end by end April!

The new accommodation at the crag at Sella is not ready yet, next season we hope.

Sam Orange House
 Sam Mayfield 16 Apr 2013
In reply to crustypunkuk:

so not too much in the way of accommodation from what i saw

Finestrat Village has us (Orange House) a lovely B&B called Casa Figueretes, 2 posh hotels La Plantaction and Finca Fabiola, loads of self catering apartments so plenty of choice.

Sam Orange
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

There's lots of accommodation listed on the Rockfax site - http://www.rockfax.com/accommodation-areas/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...