UKC

Berlingo Microcamper for Sale - Birmingham

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 dingbat46 15 Apr 2013
premier post photo
Berlingo Microcamper for Sale

Has been sold twice through this Forum before. First user sold it to pay off Student Loans, second sold it to upgrade to a larger vehicle & third (me!) sold it to fund his honeymoon to Canada.

This Berlingo was an impulse purchase (bought using the honeymoon funds!) with the intention of replacing our Ford Focus estate. We are now keeping the Focus estate because of the dog and regretfully I am selling this on to pay for our Honeymoon.

The van is truly in excellent condition, there are plenty of photos available, please mail me and ask. It has done 78K, requires Tax in June, MOT is later in the year, registered LPG Conversion, 1.4 petrol engine. It has a home conversion in the rear sleeping 2 in a 6ft 2" long fold out bed, all ply lined, insulated and carpeted. Comes ready to go with Bike Rack and roof box, just throw your sleeping bag in and drive away.

I am really sad to see this go and was really looking forward to a summer of weekends away cragging but Canada beckons more.

I am asking what I paid for it previously, I have only put 1200 miles on it since I got earlier in the year and have spent money getting the conversion on the UK LPG database.

£3400

P.S If you search Berlingo Microcamper, one of the previous sellers has put more photos up but these may be slightly out of date now.
OP dingbat46 17 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46:

Any interest from the UKC Community?
 stuart58 17 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46: i would love to have a chance to buy but i dont have the money at the mo
In reply to dingbat46:

If I had the spare cash I'd be buying this. Have a free bump to help the cause
 snoop6060 21 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46:

Is this the model where the passenger seat folds down into a table?
OP dingbat46 21 Apr 2013
In reply to snoop6060: Afraid not, they only seemed to fit those in the cars. I was keeping an eye out for one in order to swap the seats over.
 BrainoverBrawn 22 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46: If it's not good enough for a honeymoon i'm not interested .
 Tom Hutton 22 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46: Any idea of mpg/running costs now it's on LPG?
OP dingbat46 22 Apr 2013
In reply to 2halfs:

In my opinion, it's good enough for a honeymoon. But apparently when I say 'I do' I lose all rights to an opinion
OP dingbat46 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Tom Hutton:

It is still dual-fuel, so it starts on petrol and then when it is warm it automatically switches over to LPG. When running on LPG (bought at 64.9/L) I work it out to be 11p per mile (28mpg). The MPG is higher on petrol as it has a higher calorific value but it obviously costs a lot more.
 stonemaster 22 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46:
> (In reply to 2halfs)
>
But apparently when I say 'I do' I lose all rights to an opinion

Tsk, thought everybody knew that... Good luck.
 BCT 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46: Hi, is the fold out bed double or single?
OP dingbat46 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Beth-Cath-T:

It's a double, I can send photos if you drop me a PM.
 wilkie14c 28 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46:
BUMP
Just got hitched myself mate, hope you get to canada!
 BigBrother 28 Apr 2013
In reply to dingbat46: I reckon it is worth the asking price for the folding loo seat. Do you use that in the privacy of the van or proudly outside admiring the view?

On a more trivial point; is that van really long enough to lay out fully in? When I have seen them I always thought they looked too short.
OP dingbat46 29 Apr 2013
In reply to BigBrother:

Hah! The folding loo seat never came with the van when I bought it.

To lie down there is an extra fold out piece that requires the front seats to be pushed forward.
I'm 6'3" and manage ok with this configuration

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...