UKC

Snowdon conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stargazer85 16 Apr 2013
Has anyone been up Snowdon over the last couple of days? Any comments on snow/ice on PYG / miners tracks?
Thank you
In reply to stargazer85: there was no snow in great quantity on the pyg or miners and what is there is quite slushy.
OP stargazer85 16 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
Thanks, just hope the wind doesn't stop us now!
 jonathandavey 17 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Do you happen to know what conditions are like on Crib Goch at the moment?

Cheers, Jonathan
In reply to jonathandavey: Although I didn't go up there on monday I imagine it is similar to most of the rest of snowdon - windy and thawing. I suspect there's even less snow than on monday higher up but I can't be any more specific.
 jonathandavey 17 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Thanks, I'm heading down this weekend with a large group, many of whom are hoping to do the full 3000s. An iced up Crib Goch would probably stop them!
 j.townley 17 Apr 2013
In reply to stargazer85: Weather was aweful today, out on Tryfan, got turned back before the summints due to the wind. Hopefully looking to improve for Saturday though
In reply to j.townley: I'm surprised you got out of the car! I didn't dare leave my house today!
OP stargazer85 17 Apr 2013
In reply to stargazer85:
We made it round the pyg/miners circuit but breezy is an understatement! Still a couple of snowy patches to traverse. Weather looking much calmer and brighter for the weekend, have fun!
 j.townley 18 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Was touch and go as to whether we'd leave the car or not, but the four of us had a awesome day untill the last ten minutes of our ascent. began feeling it was getting a little dangerous so turned round an came down the west face pretty much. Any time in the mountains is good time in the mountains
In reply to j.townley:
> (In reply to highclimber) Any time in the mountains is good time in the mountains

Indeed, even a bad day in the mountains is better than a good day at work!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...