UKC

Conville Course Missed Applications

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Both myself and a friend have applied for the conville course this year and they haven't received either of our applications. I'd advise anyone who has applied to get in touch with Plas Y Brenin and check they have your application.
 Cameron94 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: Are you getting the chance to send them another?
 spenser 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17:
How did you find out? Is it simply that they did not send you a confirmation e-mail? I got one the next working day after I sent in my application.
Dean hepworth 17 Apr 2013
In reply to spenser: did everybody else receive notifications, I didn't I would be gutted if I've missed a chance for that
 aldo56 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: I also got a confirmation email, might be worth emailing yours in again in case folks drop out.
 spenser 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth:
I got an e-mail confirming I'd applied for it, however I am yet to find out if I've got a place on one of the courses.
 Nathan Adam 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: I never got a confirmation email but never got one for the Alpine prep in Wales last year either, just a phone call a few weeks before hand to say i'd been accepted. Have emailed them to see if they have it anyway !
 Fran Sgr 17 Apr 2013
In reply to spenser: I had to call them to see if I could change the dates and they couldn't find my application.
Dean hepworth 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Nath93: I will have to give them a ring tomorrow! , hopefully they got it
In reply to Charley17: I think if you haven't got an email confirming your application it means it hasn't got to them so definitely ring them, they've let me send my application to them again. It seems like there's been a big mess up on their system if this has happened to more than just a couple of us.
 Trevers 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17:

I'd ring them and explain, and maybe send them a screenshot of your outbox. I've found them more than reasonable about stuff like this. On the other hand it is already pretty far down the line, they might not be able to do much beyond put you on a waiting list.
 Nathan Adam 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Aye, i just took it as normal as they never gave me confirmation last time but they still got it. Hopefully get a reply from them tomorrow but i'll be pissed off if its down to their system and i haven't even been considered.
 Petarghh 17 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: The organisation never seemed to be that great, I did the course 3 years ago, I had to call PYB to see if I had a place and was told I was on a course starting in 10 days.

Other than that minor hiccup a great course and a perfect stepping stone to bigger things. Stay for at least 3 or 4 weeks after the course to consolidate and tick easy stuff otherwise you'll waste your next season re-learning it all on the Petite Verte and Cosmiques arete (see my galley for a picture of why not to do the Cosmiques on a busy day!).

Pete.
Dean hepworth 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: I've just rang basically she took my name and number and said she will see what she can do, but thinks there is nothing she can do as it is too late because the applications have been sent to be chosen! , my application was on there website that you fill in not a email so I don't have a copy with the date . Devastated thatIm not even going to be considered for the course, there is no way I could afford to go on a alpine course .

Looks like I will have to wait and get out again next winter
 Nathan Adam 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: Got a reply this morning saying my application had been submitted.
In reply to Nath93: so did they let you re apply?
 Nathan Adam 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: No, my original application had been submitted, they just never sent me a confirmation email.
In reply to Nath93: ah okay, I'm quite annoyed because I sat there for a couple of hours thinking about and writing my application, and it never even got to them!
 Nathan Adam 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Aye, not good man !
 sam_owen41 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: I had a very rude reply today after phoning up to see if my app had been received. It got suggested tht because I didn't receive a confirmation email it was my fault for not checking after I had submitted it. I'm well gutted!
 fuzzysheep01 18 Apr 2013
In reply to sam_owen41: Ditto.
In reply to fuzzysheep01: I'm going to ring back tomorrow and see what she says, I didn't notice anything that said check I get a email confirmation for my application,

I read a warning that whilst writing application I should save it encased the website crashes and I loose it sort of thing
In reply to Dean hepworth: I think this is why weve all missed out, nowhere does it tell you you should get a confirmation email so you wouldnt ring to check theyve got your application.
RobHumphries 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: There is actually a note on the bottom of the page, but it says if you haven't received a confirmation by the end of April, which seems a little pointless as the decision has been made by then.

"PLEASE NOTE: Emails do not always reach their destination and it is therefore applicant's responsibility to contact PYB if email notification has not been received by the end of April. Successful applicants will be expected to confirm acceptance of the place and provide prompt payment."
In reply to RobHumphries: But this note is talking about receiving conformation of a place on the course, not about them receiving your application
RobHumphries 18 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: Good point. Sorry about that, I hope you get it sorted.
 Plas y Brenin 22 Apr 2013
Hi Charley,
We're really sorry to hear you have experienced complications with your application for the Conville courses. Although the numbers appear to be small it seems you are not the only one who has had difficulty applying.
To ensure no one misses out on this opportunity we have re-opened the application form and extended the deadline for applications until Monday 29th April.

The application forms can be accessed here:
http://www.pyb.co.uk/conville

You will receive an email confirming your application has been received.
As an alternative you can download a PDF and submit the application form by post or fax.

We'd like to apologise once again for any inconvenience and wish you the best of luck with your application.

Trevers 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Plas y Brenin:

When can we expect to find out if our applications have been successful?
 sam_owen41 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17:
This is great news for everyone like myself who thought we'd missed the chance. Thanks to everyone who got the applications open again!
In reply to Plas y Brenin: This is great, thank you. When can we expect to find out if we have been given a place on the course?
Dean hepworth 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Charley17: great I will have to do mine later

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...