UKC

climbing rope, i mean washing line anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
just stumbled across this on ebay and made me giggle that someone has actually bid on it. no info apart from a picture that looks like a washing line you can buy from Poundland!

http://bit.ly/ZAdhf4
 wiwwim 17 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: I always look at the other items from seller page before considering buying something like that (?), and in this case I think I would be weary.
 Neil Williams 17 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Looks like a static line, but similarly I wouldn't go near it (unless I wanted knotting ropes for the Scouts or something).

Neil
 LucaC 17 Apr 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: On the other hand, I have some 8.6 half rope which makes a great washing line on trips, when you have to dry out tents and haul bags because the campsite has been washed away.
 Neil Williams 17 Apr 2013
In reply to LJC:

I use an old 60m static for hanging wet Patrol tents to dry in the Scout hut...

Neil
I never washed my rope, but:
1) I store it in a pop-up bin IKEA-like, both at the crag and at home, so it picks up very little dust
2) When lowering off I always grab the braking end of the rope with a cloth, thus I somehow clean it in the process and avoid burning my hand by accident (I stopped using my Petzl leather gloves... another story)

Yes, I do look like a freak at the crag, but my Sterling Velocity is like new after two years of use and abuse!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...