UKC

Looking For a Lightweight Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Habadasher 19 Apr 2013
Can anyone give me advice on a good lightweight (preferably affordable) one man tent?
It will be used for cycle touring so weight is the primary concern.
 Welsh Kate 19 Apr 2013
In reply to Habadasher:
The Outdoor Shop in Stony Stratford have the Wild Country Zephyros 2 on offer for £89.10.

It's a great tent and whilst 2 man, at a listed weight of 1.79kg, I would consider that and appreciate the greater space available.
 IPPurewater 19 Apr 2013
In reply to Habadasher: I bought an Alpkit Delta a couple of weeks ago. This is a clearance item as it wasn't quite up to spec. The inner is a bit baggy, but it is a surprisingly good tent for £60. I'm very happy with my purchase. I would however augment the pegs with 4 to 6 full size ones.

I have used it in heavy rain, and it was fine. I would say it is great for one. It would be a squeeze for two.

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16865&...

Ian

martinph78 19 Apr 2013
In reply to Habadasher: Terra Nova Laser Comp would fit the bill. About 900g or a bit less.

Can be found for £230 if that's affordable?
 IPPurewater 19 Apr 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: PS 1.25kg for the Delta.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Apr 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Ive seen a few places recommend taking the inner out of the delta and just using it as a shelter. Cuts it down to 850g (inc. some beefier pegs, poles and bag) which seems a very respectable weight for the price.
 IPPurewater 19 Apr 2013
In reply to remus: I don't think there is really anything wrong with the inner for one person. It isn't as tight as it ought to be, but with only one person inside, you won't be touching the inner, and it keeps midges and mozzies at bay.

The poles seem good to me and although the bag is light I think it will be fine if you treat it reasonably.

I've just been reading this blog: http://ultralightcycling.blogspot.co.uk/ which has some interesting ideas on weight saving.
Habadasher 19 Apr 2013
In reply to remus: That's exactly what I thought when I saw the delta. Can't believe I wasn't aware of this previously, I'm seriously considering buying one now, can't go far wrong for £60.
 David Coley 20 Apr 2013
In reply to Habadasher:
I have a vango banshee 200 that I have only used once you can have for £60 plus postage.
Habadasher 20 Apr 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Just ordered a delta. Thanks for the advice!
Habadasher 20 Apr 2013
In reply to David Coley: Just ordered an Alpkit Delta but thanks for the offer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...