UKC

Hilleberg tent repairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PGD 21 Apr 2013
Hi

Does anyone know who can repair a groundsheet for Hilleberg tents in th.e UK. Do they have a UK recommended repairer?
 Jon Wickham 21 Apr 2013
In reply to PGD: Yes, Scottish Mountain Gear provides Hilleberg's UK repair service and I have seen them do a good job. http://www.imagescotland.com/scottishmountaingear
OP PGD 22 Apr 2013
In reply to Jon Wickham: many thanks. Got an email from Hillebeg this morning confirming this.
 Phil1919 22 Apr 2013
In reply to PGD: I got my first one two years ago. Brilliant tent.
I've used Terra Nova to repair a very badly burnt Hilleberg they did a superb job as well. Although took 6 weeks.
 Phil1919 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Expedition Kit Hire: Shame they won't replace their tent poles that continue to break.They want to charge me the retail price of a quasar pole which looked as good as new, when it snapped in benign conditions as it has many times before on both Terra Novas I have owned.
 gethin_allen 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Phil1919:
> (In reply to Expedition Kit Hire) Shame they won't replace their tent poles that continue to break.They want to charge me the retail price of a quasar pole which looked as good as new, when it snapped in benign conditions as it has many times before on both Terra Novas I have owned.

I've heard abut similar problems from a few people. Even Vango sent me some new poles free of charge for a £90 tent when I had a moan about the poles continually snapping at a certain point.

I did feel a bit harsh when they accepted this was their problem as a friend was using the tent when the first pole broke and I'd blamed him.

The Patriot 03 May 2013
In reply to PGD: contact Alpen Stock in Stockport ,Manchester. They do. Speak to Hugh or Jose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...