UKC

Bat photography

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dale1968 23 Apr 2013
going to give it a shot tonight, anyone tried and had success?
 london_huddy 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Never tried it but spent an interesting (and highly geeky) evening in a pub chatting to a chap who does about IR triggers, remote cameras and strobes!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
 Alyson 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968: Sounds brilliant. I've never tried it but I've seen some wonderful bat photography and always marvelled at it. Show us the results!
 d_b 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968:

What do you tend to use? Wide lens stopped down and bright flash?
OP dale1968 23 Apr 2013
In reply to davidbeynon:I am going to leave lights on in the house and try to get a shot without a flash for my first go and see what sort of results I get. (probably a blurry mess)
 d_b 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Keep us posted. I wouldn't mind trying this if I can find some bats.
 HeMa 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Managed to get a shot, somewhat blurry but not too bad considering it was shot with a crappy P&S with only light coming from a small fire pit nearby.

The best thing about bats, is that they are pretty much victims of habbits. So, after they come out from their layer, they start flying this same loop quite a few times, before they actually start their nightly prowl for grub.
 Alyson 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968: This got me googling. Check out the set-up over this pond!:

http://bedfordshirewild.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/amazing-bat-photos.html

(nice pics though)
 Blue Straggler 23 Apr 2013
In reply to dale1968:

I misread this, I thought it was a request for BAD photography and was all set to give you a link to my flickr
 d_b 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

How about photographs taken by bats?
 Alyson 23 Apr 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler: Not aimed at you, more for your enjoyment. I look at it when I need to feel better about my photographic output

http://youarenotaphotographer.com/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...