UKC

Attermire (victoria cave)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,
does anyone know the state of the sport routes at attermire scar (victoria cave) (http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=602). I've not been there before but there seem to be a few starred routes worthy of a visit or 2. I cannot see any ascents on ukc or rockfax for some time so i don't know if the bolts or rock has been climbed recently and is still in good condition?
Cheers
Tim
 EeeByGum 24 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Broughtonshaw: There has not been a huge amount of rain over the last few weeks so most rock will be dry if it isn't raining. No idea about this particular part of Attermire, but if it is a no, there is plenty of other stuff (not necessarily bolted) to go at.
 Pagan 24 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Broughtonshaw:

Went a couple of years ago - the bolts on Sven Vath and Lost In Thought And Lost In Time were fine then and I can't see them having changed much since then. As for the rock, there was the odd slightly shattered/flaky looking bit so probably worth a little care (especially given this last winter) but in general it seemed solid.

I only had one quick dog up it, but LITALIT felt like one of the best sport routes I've been on in the Dales - great varied climbing and a tremendous position on the headwall above the cave. Worth a visit - if you don't like it then it's not that far to walk back and drive round to Yew Cogar or Kilnsey.
 Lankyman 24 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Broughtonshaw: there are also several sport routes at Alcove Buttress (above and beyond Vic Cave). They were bolted in 2012 so the gear should be good - details on the Leeds Wall site.
 Micky J 24 Apr 2013
In reply to Tim Broughtonshaw: Sven Lost in thought and Soulsports all have stainless bolts and are excellent ...bit of dodgy rock but no worse than most ..can be a bit intimidating on sight but fine when you have them sorted . Think you can gear Soulsports up from Sven ? Think it used to be 7b+ ? . Lost in thought ok to gear up Anyway amazing place / routes and away from the Malham crowds .
In reply to Tim Broughtonshaw: Thanks guys for the beta!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...