UKC

Action shots of rock climbing on Rum (Inner Hebrides)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Nisbet 24 Apr 2013
Has anyone got any good or reasonable action shots of rock climbing on the island of Rum? The SMC are needing a shot for the forthcoming Inner Hebrides guidebook. They would seem to be quite rare!
OP Andy Nisbet 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I shouldn't post late at night. Or maybe no-one climbs on Rum?
In reply to Andy Nisbet: Have you spoken to Mike Hutton as he is a likely candidate?

http://www.mikehuttonphotography.com/
In reply to Frank the Husky:
> (In reply to Andy Nisbet) Have you spoken to Mike Hutton as he is a likely candidate?

Has he climbed on Rum? I don't rush to ask professional photographers as the SMC pay much less than a commercial rate. But at least we pay something.
 Mr Ed 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Have shots of Rum. No climbing ones though- does it need to have a climber in it?
In reply to Mr Ed:
> Have shots of Rum. No climbing ones though- does it need to have a climber in it?

Yes it's for the climbing guide, so it's action shots on routes that we're after.

In reply to Andy Nisbet: Have you though to ask the ranger(s) on Rum Andy? They might at least know someone...
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Mike Hutton has already contributed, but doesn't have any rock climbing action shots.
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thanks Dan. I've just asked.
 Colin Moody 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Good forecast for Saturday and you get 12 hours on Rum. You should go out with one of your models.

http://www.calmac.co.uk/timetables/summer-timetables.htm?id=summer-small-is...
 Hamfunk 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I responded to the previous thread about pics of the inner hebrides in general.

I have some bouldering pics of Rum but i don't think they are of any use for the forthcoming SMC guide. I'm pretty sure Rum doesnt get much trad attention and as no-one has bothered to log anything on the database here, those that climb there are unlikely to frequent the forum.

The Hamish Brown guide for walkers and climbers has a good black and white pic of the Orval pinnacle.

Hope you find something as the trad does look pretty good!
 Grahame N 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Hamfunk:
>
> I responded to the previous thread about pics of the inner hebrides in general.
>
Thanks for contacting me earlier. We may yet come back to you for a bouldering shot if we cannot source a decent roped climbing photo.
We do have one pic (an old slide of Archangel) but could do with something better.
In reply to Colin Moody:

I'm waiting until the end of May when I should get out there for free!
 AlH 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet: What is your timescale Andy?
 Grahame N 25 Apr 2013
In reply to AlH:
> (In reply to Andy Nisbet) What is your timescale Andy?

Its actually me thats collecting the action photos.
We are having our photo selection meeting on Tuesday next week. But there will be a couple of months after that when photos can be slotted in.
 AlH 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Grahame N: Hi Grahame... I have few days in the first week of May and the ferry is just down the road. Been planning a trip forever... this could be the impetus needed. Now if we can just fix the weather....
In reply to AlH:

That would be great if you can go and get some pics. And yes, send to Grahame.
 Gav M 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Didn't take any pics when we were there, and even if we had I couldn't have told you what route we were on!

Hopefully the new guide will actually explain where the climbs are.
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
> (In reply to Frank the Husky)
> [...]
>
> Has he climbed on Rum? I don't rush to ask professional photographers as the SMC pay much less than a commercial rate. But at least we pay something.

I don't understand why you don't "rush to ask" professional photographers as they're often the ones with the best shots, and if you want to get people climbing on the island you need all the help you can get. Ask them, they might be quite happy to contribute for whatever small fee you offer.
 airborne 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I have some pics of me and Rob Wright doing first ascents on Muck. Is this the same guide? If so i can send them in the post - they're slides.
 Colin Moody 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Clive Allen:

Muck will be in the guide.

Rob sent me some photos of you, as prints on paper. If you have good slides please send them in to Grahame.

Thanks, Colin
 Colin Moody 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Clive Allen:

Address here.

http://www.smc.org.uk/photos
 airborne 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

OK will do. Couldn't remember where the slides were before, but this thread jogged my memory.
 Grahame N 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Clive Allen:
I've asked Rob 2 or 3 times if he could send me his/your Muck slides but he has not done so yet.
If you manage to find your slides could you please send them to me by Tuesday 30th April (a tall order I know), if not could you send to Tom Prentice in the next 2 or 3 weeks. His address is here http://www.smc.org.uk/publications/
 airborne 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

That's no problem, they'll be in the post to you tonight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...