UKC

Scottishclimbs.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 26 Apr 2013
It's closing down.
OP aln 26 Apr 2013
In reply to aln: I didn't expect this to be a long running thread. But I'm a bit surprised by the total lack of response.
 Cuthbert 26 Apr 2013
In reply to aln:

I used to go on the site and thought it was good. I think this site has killed it off a bit thought.

SC is a bit hardcore at times for people but I wonder if it can be rejuvinated? Why is is closing?
 mav 26 Apr 2013
In reply to aln:

Well, I'm not surprised, but sorry. It's felt inevitable, yet there was a time when I spent more time there than here. As an object lesson in why you shouldn't make radical changes to forum threads. However, by way of a flipside to that criticism, I was always disappointed their wiki-guides didn't take off. Better go and see if there's any I'd like to print off.
 kwoods 26 Apr 2013
In reply to aln: Is it all shutting down or are they just closing down the editing feature?

I thought it was the former then thought the latter after seeing the front page announcement. "Edits on ScottishClimbs will soon be disabled."

If they are completely shutting it down I think some move should be made to get all that info somewhere else. You can't find anything like it elsewhere and there's a lot of it.

I much prefer reading ScottishClimbs stuff since it's relevant to venues I climb at. I think as great as UKC is, Scottish climbing (what I want to read about) is such a tiny part - for example the Dumby clean up thread that someone posted really went nowhere.

I personally read ScottishClimbs a lot and would think it a shame if it were completely shut down.
 Jack Frost 26 Apr 2013
 Rock Badger 26 Apr 2013
In reply to mav:

YES nice one mate just copy and pasted myself some handy route maps,,, thank you
 kwoods 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Jack Frost: Glad to see that. Phew.

Still, seems like the kind of project someone could be taking on......
 BelleVedere 28 Apr 2013
In reply to aln:

it's just going to be read only - worth noting that the contents of SC are available under a creative commons licence if you wanted to take something forward...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...