UKC

Twitter idiots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/26/briton-threat-shoot-200-us-schoolc...

Good grief. I really can't understand some people.

Wonder if the free-speechers will be out like the Manchester (was it Manchester?) airport case.

jcm
 The New NickB 26 Apr 2013
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Facebook idiot surely!
 Neil Williams 26 Apr 2013

Robin Hood Airport. And it was obviously a joke when you see the wording of it.

Neil
 The New NickB 26 Apr 2013

Wasn't it East Midlands, sorry Robin Hood Airport!
In reply to The New NickB:

The EMA case and this one are totally different in terms of how they would be perceived by the average person reading it and the intention. This guys intention was to scare and shock people, the EMA guy was obviously letting of steam!
 ebygomm 26 Apr 2013
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

East Midlands and Robin Hood are two different airports

The twitter bomb threat involved Robin Hood airport which is in fact near Doncaster.
 owlart 26 Apr 2013
> Wonder if the free-speechers will be out like the Manchester (was it Manchester?) airport case.

If you thought that was a genuine threat, do you also believe Darren Jackson should be prosecuted by the RSPCA as he has admitted to punching cows and wearing owl suits on this forum?
 Tony the Blade 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

And then there was the hilarious:

Leeds And Bradford International Airport

Oh how we laughed!

(Actually I'm pretty sure it's an urban myth, hey-ho)
 DynamoCL 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

It used to be the "Leeds and Bradford Municipal Aerodrome" pre-war.

Then it became "Leeds Bradford International Airport", they decided to drop the "and" for some reason or another.
In reply to owlart:

I thought it had the potential to cause alarm and annoyance (and indeed did), that the man was a prat, and that being fined £385 wasn't exactly going to ruin his life, yes. I don't think in general that the freedom to make airport-bombing jokes is one we should greatly value.

But sure, it's different. It's not *that* different, though. Maybe this gentleman thought his comments were obviously a joke? Are things criminal or not according to how well the poster's sense of humour aligns with that of the world?

jcm
 Mikkel 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Prestwick comes out as PIK on the luggage labels.
You can fly to Denmark from there, go look up what it means in Danish.
 owlart 26 Apr 2013
> (In reply to owlart)
>
> I thought it had the potential to cause alarm and annoyance (and indeed did), that the man was a prat, and that being fined £385 wasn't exactly going to ruin his life, yes. I don't think in general that the freedom to make airport-bombing jokes is one we should greatly value.
>
> But sure, it's different. It's not *that* different, though. Maybe this gentleman thought his comments were obviously a joke?

The High Court agreed with him too, since they overturned his conviction.

> Are things criminal or not according to how well the poster's sense of humour aligns with that of the world?

I don't know, would you support an RSPCA investigation into Darren Jackson's postings on here? Or maybe Rubbishy's tapir bothering should be prosecuted too?
In reply to owlart:

Court of Appeal, I think, but yes, they did. One can see why, but I didn't greatly approve, though I didn't really care much. I just found the civil-liberties the-world-is-ending clamour about it rather absurd.

jcm
andic 26 Apr 2013

You won't be laughing when it's your turn.

It was, to be fair, a silly thing to do, but it (the Robin Hood Airport one) didn't really deserve anything more than the traditional clip around the ear (in a verbal sense) from a copper for being that stupid.

Neil
 Philip 26 Apr 2013
In reply to owlart:
> (In reply to johncoxmysteriously)
> [...]
>
> If you thought that was a genuine threat, do you also believe Darren Jackson should be prosecuted by the RSPCA as he has admitted to punching cows and wearing owl suits on this forum?

Yes, especially if he punched cows while wearing the owl suit. That would be devisive thing to do. You would set the RSPCA onto the RSPB.
 Steve John B 26 Apr 2013

Some of his words of wisdom (posted on tribute site to dead schoolgirl):

"I'm glad the fat bitch is dead. Let's drink to drink driving. No one gives a shit that she's dead, get over it. If I was there now I would rape you."

What a nice young man.
In reply to Steve John B:

Quite. Rather different from someone making an off the cuff (though slightly misguided) joke about an airport. Sounds a nasty piece of work to me.

Neil
 Rubbishy 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

The whole backstory and all the other abuse on the FB page just makes me depressed

As has been attributed to various people (Jim Perrin reckons it was Alexander the Great in Yes tio Dance) "the more I see of people, the more I love my dogs"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...