UKC

The Singing Detective film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I just watched it on t'iplayer, thought it was fun, quite a cool concept, with an awesome soundtrack!

Imagine my surprise when I wiki'd it and discovered it was based on a British TV show! I'm wondering if the show is as good/better (soundtrack wise especially!) and worth seeking out?
Green-Winged Orchid 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: I think "critically acclaimed" is the phrase they use when describing Dennis Potters series.
Jim C 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:
> I just watched it on t'iplayer, thought it was fun, quite a cool concept, with an awesome soundtrack!
>
> Imagine my surprise when I wiki'd it and discovered it was based on a British TV show! I'm wondering if the show is as good/better (soundtrack wise especially!) and worth seeking out?

It was very good, not seen the film , but the TV show had a great soundtrack, and Potter was also a bit of a perv, so it had some saucy bits that I hope make it to the film?

Essential viewing for a young man at the time
In reply to Jim C:

Sounds like a party! I'll see if I can find it.

The film is a bit saucy I suppose but not exactly sleazy. I think the consensus is that its not as good as the show anyway.
Removed User 26 Apr 2013

If the film is half as good as the tv series then it must be very good.

The original TV serial (I think 4 parts) was one of the most acclaimed of all time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...