UKC

Cordillera Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tombushell 28 Apr 2013
Is anyone planning on heading to the Cordillera Blanca this June/July/August? A couple of us are going mid-June to August.
 tomjagger 28 Apr 2013
In reply to tombushell:
Me and a friend are there for a month, flying out of Uk on the 6th July
 Graham 29 Apr 2013
In reply to tombushell:
I am headed down with some friends for most of June. Headed to the Santa Cruz
OP tombushell 29 Apr 2013
Awesome, we should be in Huaraz by the last week of June, it'd be great to meet up with some fellow Brits out there if we end up heading to the same peaks...
 Graham 30 Apr 2013
In reply to tombushell:
you probably won't want to meet me then... I'm american and my partner is canadian. good luck down there though!
OP tombushell 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Graham: In reply to Graham: Haha you guys are all British really... Maybe we'll bump into you round there.
 tomjagger 03 May 2013
In reply to tombushell:
what peaks have you got in mind tom?
In reply to tombushell:
Hi
I'm going to be their in August. Would be good to meet up.
Removed User 05 May 2013
I'm in Huaraz now. Would love to meet up with anyone looking at the easy peaks
 Graham 06 May 2013
In reply to Removed Userfergie:
What are conditions like down there? Would love to hear some conditions reports if you've got any... I'll be down there in a month or so. Thanks.
Removed User 06 May 2013
In reply to Graham:

I haven't been up high yet. I hear there is still deep snow on Piscou and I assume this applies to the other easy peaks too.

Weather is currently fine in the mornings and wet in the afternoons. The rain falls as snow above about 4800m. This is meant to improve later in the week.
OP tombushell 06 May 2013
In reply to tomjagger: We don't have many definite goals as of yet, the ultimate goal would be huascaran but we're just planning on starting low and working our way up. Pisco looks great. There's so much out there we're struggling to narrow down the choices! Do you have many definite plans?
 Graham 11 May 2013
In reply to Removed Userfergie:
Thanks for the update - please post more if anything changes or you know more. Have you been up high yet?

Cheers

Graham
 tomjagger 14 May 2013
In reply to tombushell: sorry not to get back to you, we're looking at alpamayo and/or artensonraju after some warm up peaks, we'll just have to see though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...