UKC

The physical and social aspects of hiking in snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thomaslynchuk 28 Apr 2013
Hi guys, I'm researching the physical and social aspects of hiking in snowdonia. I'd appreciate it if you could spare 2 minutes to fill in a quick pilot questionnaire I've thrown together. Any feedback is welcomed, cheers!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3PG6HLW

If you have any ideas to help or any information on the public management plans ect that would also be great.
 roddyp 28 Apr 2013
In reply to Thomaslynchuk:

Q7 - do you mean improvements, or increased erosion, or what?

Q9 - Not clear what you mean here : what is an "Outdoor recreation group", and does driving past PyB count?

Q10 ???
OP Thomaslynchuk 28 Apr 2013
In reply to roddyp: Hi, Thanks for the message I have just noticed a few things then I only put it together in 5 minutes for a quick response to see what the basic replies where like before making it stronger.

Q7: By the question I was trying to ask if there has been some types of improvements to the paths around, to fix the problems of widespread ecological damage. (Maybe a different question would help express this)

Q9: Outdoor Recreation Groups would be
1: Challenge groups like the National 3 Peaks, Welsh 3000's etc...
2: Ongoing courses (ML, Navigation days etc...
(Haha not driving past the centre which most of us do)

3: "protection of areas and factors of scientific historic" this meaning areas of vegetation being protected by fenced of areas, for example on the PyG Track before the turn off for Crib Goch, or Factors of Old walls, Building, Sleep Folds being damaged by Groups who only visit and do not really care for the environment.

I think I need to remove the survey and take time because I know what I what to be answered but do not really know how to get it out there.
abseil 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Thomaslynchuk:

Done, good luck.
 Howard J 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Thomaslynchuk: I couldn't answer this. How am I supposed to tell if a group I encounter is from an Outdoor Recreation Group or is just a group? How am I supposed to know whether erosion or damage is caused by an Outdoor Recreation Group unless I actually witness them causing it and can identify them?

duchessofmalfi 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Howard J:

Q10 - garbled!
 Chris_Mellor 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Thomaslynchuk: Sorry but this is a poorly-thought out and imprecise set of survey questions.
Chris.
 earlsdonwhu 29 Apr 2013
In reply to Thomaslynchuk: "...a quick pilot questionnaire I've thrown together"

This seems to be a major flaw in the methodology. A poorly designed questionnaire will lead to suspect data and invalid conclusions.... so why bother?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...