UKC

30m dry treated rope- recommendations please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Following on from my other thread about Angel's peak NW ridge-

so, if i'm looking to get a short rope, lightweight, 30m-ish, any recommendations? most of them seem to be non-dry treated, which would be no good for what is likely to still be a winter route.

the edelrid python seems a possible contender, assuming the 'beta shield' is a dry treatment. any other options...?

thanks!

Gregor
 Muel 01 May 2013
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

I have a python, it's a good rope but distinctly not dry-treated, it's been soaked a few times during my use.
 Dino Dave 01 May 2013
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs: you can get the beal rando dry treated (golden dry etc) and that's 30m 8mm. Might be worth a look.
mark js 01 May 2013

I use a Beal scrambler which is just a 35m version of their Joker single rope - dry treated, 9.1mm so lightweight and handles well.

thanks for the tips folks- mark, the beal joker looks promising, on googling it i found it even gets the ukc gear review seal of approval...

cheers
gregor
 Cameron94 01 May 2013
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs: I have no idea what your route entails and whether the rope is for pitching short steps or just to be roped up. My info is probably a bit misguided but if it's for the latter then I believe the beal ice line can be cut to measure at 30M.

Excellent rope to handle but it is a skinny half (8.1) but brilliantly light and packs down small.
In reply to Cameron94:

thinking of future use, probably the former- for use on scrambles/easy winter climbs where there may be short steps that warrant pitching, but not longer passages of steeper ground that would justify a 50-60m rope

and where needing to ab off is hopefully not going to be an issue!

so a full weight single rope is likely to see more use for us, i reckon,

but thanks for the suggestions,

gregor
 rif 01 May 2013
Needlesport will sell you half of a Beal Iceline - choice of 25m or 30m

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...