UKC

BBC still has a bullying problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
It appears the BBC still has problems with bullying

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/02/bbc-bullies

"The report said concerns about bullying and "other forms of inappropriate behaviour" were "much more prominent".
"Often this behaviour appears to go unchallenged by senior managers," it said. "Some individuals are seen as being 'untouchable' due to their perceived value to the BBC."
It also pointed to a problem with "talent" – presenters and star names – with a perception among staff that they were "treated differently and don't have to adhere to the same rules because they wield power over the organisation and anyone who tries to manage them".

A bit of speculative fun of who these "untouchables" could be?

I will hazard a guess at Jeremy Clarkson to start things off..(I actually quite like him and have only suggested him on his value to the BBC)
 Andy Hardy 02 May 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús:

I thought the programmes were made by small companies, not directly by the BBC (could well be wrong there though as I never watch the credits).

Anyway, to the original question, I'd suggest Lord Sugar.
 dunc56 02 May 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús: Just thought I would post this .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313768/Christa-Ackroyd-The-BBCs-lo...

225k to read the news and host a regional programme - Four Foot Snakes !
In reply to dunc56: Good call (although never heard of her as I live in the South)

Paxman?
richyfenn 02 May 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús:

There was an executive producer at ITV who was a known bully (that my wife had the misfortune to work under). Several complaints had been made but ITV kept her on as she brought in a lot of revenue. They eventually got rid of her before there was a scandal (or something like that), now everyone is happy again, though the bean counters probably aren't.
 jasonC abroad 02 May 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

There is a famous bully who presents a Radio 2 show in the afternoon. It was well known about but nothing was done, as they were too important.
 Rubbishy 02 May 2013
In reply to dunc56:

She's bloody awful.

Look North went downhill after Khalid Aziz left.
 Rubbishy 02 May 2013

A couple of journo frineds have said Paxman is great to work with.
 Tom Valentine 02 May 2013
In reply to John Rushby:

No, John, it went down hill after Judith Stamper went. I expect she was a bully and I often speculated about what she was like with the lash.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...