UKC

Good Quiet campsite in North Snowdonia this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hopefully not asking the impossible, can anyone recommend a campsite that's likely to be somewhat quiet this weekend in north Snowdonia?

Thanks muchly
 mcdougal 03 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:

We forgot that it's a bank holiday and tried to book a pitch on Tuesday. Everywhere that we tried was full but good luck.
 Andy Say 03 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:
Pentre Bach just between Waunfawr and Betws Garmon is basic but never seems crowded.
http://www.bachventures.co.uk/accommodation/
In reply to 6BStu:

Thanks for the link

I'd better get it sorted sooner rather than later
 Big Steve 03 May 2013
In reply to Andy Say: Im of to snowdonia as well after work, can you suggest ay other campsites that we may be able to get in? Thanks
 David Ponting 03 May 2013
In reply to Big Steve:

Best option this late, which would be my first choice anyway, would be to stick your tent in your pack and head into the hills and wild camp! Pitch somewhere inconspicuous, arrive late and leave early.
 Andy Say 03 May 2013
In reply to Big Steve:

Same as above - Pentre Bach. Its a bit off the beaten track with no big signs, easy to miss etc. The bigger site further down the valley towards Beddgelert at Lyn Cwellyn http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/camping_site.html
is also a bit out of the way and seems not to get too full. No idea what they will be like this weekend, mind!
 WILLS 03 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu: I laugh in your general direction.
You could try But it's a rare event this week end.
A bank holiday with a forecast of sun.
 JohnnyW 03 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:

Well I'm heading South after aborting a weekend on Skye, and am heading for Capel Curig. Not familiar with Wales, so my pals have chosen the site, somewhere near Tryfan....... Doubt we'll be quiet though!
In reply to David Ponting:

That is very tempting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...