UKC

Trad climbing destination in Italy or France?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tatapcku 06 May 2013
Hi,

We have a flight to Milan, Italy next weekend, and want to do some trad climbing. We will have a car to travel around, and about a week for climbing.
We are searching for a place with multi-pitch trad routes, better not long (3-6 pitches), up to 6a (D.Sup-TD.Inf)
Initial plan was to get to Arco, Italy, but I'm trying to see what other possible destinations could be. We already been in Arco, so it would be nice to get to some other area. Also, most of trad lines in Arco are quite long for us (300+ meters).
I heard about Les Calanques in France, but as I understand it is mainly sport, which doesn't suite us. Correct me if I'm wrong

Would be happy to get any recommendations for an area within 5-6 hours of drive from Milan.

Thanks,
Alex.
 Aigen 06 May 2013
In reply to tatapcku: Go to Italy. 3 brilliant areas. Val de Orco, Val de Mello and CADARESE.
tatapcku 06 May 2013
In reply to Aigen: Thanks. I was under an impression that most routes in the above first two areas are a little harder than we search. It's more about crack climbing on granite when you rarely meet a route within 5+fr difficulty range. I once looked on a guidebook for Orco and didn't find much routes in my range, most of them started with 6a and harder. Am I under a wrong impression?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...