UKC

Mountaineering Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gfpowell 07 May 2013
I am looking to get a new pair of mountaineering boots for use in the alps this summer and Scottish winter climbing. My La Spotiva nepals do not agree with my feet, which lead to a trip to the Fort William A&E in February with badly blistered and infected feet!! I have Asolo hiking boots that fit like a dream so I was going to get a pair of their stiffer mountaineering boots, I have seen good deals on both the Broad Peak and Expert GV boots, does anyone have any advice regarding these?
 Milesy 07 May 2013
Every foot is different. You will need to try them and see. I travelled from Glasgow to Ambleside to get a pair which fitted me well.
 d_b 07 May 2013
In reply to gfpowell:

I tend to wear Asolo and Sportiva mountaineering boots and find that they have an extremely similar fit, so they may not be right for you. I'm surprised that the more flexible ones are so different to be honest.
In reply to gfpowell: What size are you?
Do you have an idea what sort of foot shape you are? Are you particularly narrow or wide?
Is it a particular part of your foot ankle/heel/ball/toes that didn't suit the Nepals?

About the only useful thing I can say for certain is that Scarpa Jorasses Pro GTX seems to be have marginally larger sizing and a wider fit across the forefoot when compared with Nepals in size 43.
nickcutter85 07 May 2013
In reply to gfpowell: if you don't get on with your nepals would you consider selling them?
OP gfpowell 07 May 2013
In reply to gfpowell: Its always the apex of my heel that gets blistered, directly under my Achilles' tendon. The sportiva's are in no way uncomfortable its just that after 1-2 days I get blisters!! Do you think the broad peaks or experts are suitable for alpine 4000ers and Scottish winters?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...