UKC

London in Colour - film from 1927

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Douglas Griffin 11 May 2013
Came across this earlier today via Twitter:
http://www.bankholidaycomes.com/2013/05/london-in-1927-in-colour/
 Bruce Hooker 11 May 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin:

Charming video, they don't make them like that anymore... The music wasn't up to much though
In reply to Douglas Griffin: Claude Frisse-Greene, grandfather of Tim Frisse-Greene, of Talk Talk fame, I believe.
 pneame 12 May 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin: Extraordinary. Thx
 MJ 12 May 2013

Amazing!
Guess they must have used one of those helicopter things for some it, especially the footage of Petticoat Lane.
Removed User 12 May 2013

I quite like these films for many reasons but if for no other than I wonder what my Grandparents were doing in London then (they lived in Mile End), they would have been in their teens at that point and would have looked at the sun shining or the clouds in that film on those days
drmarten 13 May 2013
Thanks for posting that - it's strange to see people of that era in a world of colour and not in the black and white one we normally see them in. I remember watching a film about the River Thames called Thames Film by William Raban, narrated by John Hurt, I'd recommend it for those interested in historical film, even if it was shot in the mid-80s, the film reeks of the past and the Thames has changed a lot since then. I must have watched it on the television in about 1987 and it made an impact, I ordered the DVD a couple of years back and it is as good as I remember.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...