UKC

Myth becomes reality - it's finally here!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 16 May 2013
Got my copy of the SMC's (very) long-awaited 'Scottish Sport Climbs' this morning. From a very quick flick through, it's been worth the wait!
I even managed to get a rear cover photo too, as well as some internal shots.

Well done to all the guys and gals who put in the effort in bringing this publication to reality.
 Robert Durran 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
> Got my copy of the SMC's (very) long-awaited 'Scottish Sport Climbs' this morning. From a very quick flick through, it's been worth the wait!

Yes, a visually inspiring, brilliant looking guide that will open peoples eyes a bit I think!
 AlH 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser: It is pretty damned good isn't it. Makes me want to go bolt clipping (and that's saying something)- couple of pics on the blog http://alanhalewood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/scottish-sport-climbs-is-here.ht...
Love that includes bolted DT venues too (lets not have the People's Front making any raids north of the border now...).
 Steve Perry 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser: Just ordered mine
OP Fraser 16 May 2013
In reply to AlH:

I'll be pouring through it this evening I think, making notes of the more distant crags I should get round to visiting. There's a lot more of them than I'd thought.
 Stuart S 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:

Came back from offshore this morning to find it sitting behind the letterbox - great timing! And like you say, a massively impressive guide. Lots of good photos, and pleased to see some of the most recent local additions from last year have made it into the book (but therefore surprised at others which were still shown as projects).
 Adam Lincoln 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
> Got my copy of the SMC's (very) long-awaited 'Scottish Sport Climbs' this morning. From a very quick flick through, it's been worth the wait!

Is it in Tiso yet or did you get in online?
tri-nitro-tuolumne 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:

"as well as some internal shots"

"brilliant looking guide that will open peoples eyes a bit"

It will if it includes some of Frazer's "internal shots"
 Mike-W-99 16 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
A good, modern layout. Liked the history sections. Looking forward to getting out there.

However, two pages for Ratho quarrys 3 routes seems awfully generous?
OP Fraser 17 May 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to Fraser)
> [...]
>
> Is it in Tiso yet or did you get in online?

I got a slightly advanced copy due to having some photos in it. (same applies for Alan and Stuart above) Not sure when it hits the shops, but I'm likely to be in Ratho tomorrow so will bring it through in case you're there too and you can have a peek.

In reply to tri-nitro-toulumne:

Ahem, yes, didn't quite know what the correct terms was. Interior maybe?
 dek 17 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
That's a cracking cover photo! I'm struggling recognise where it is though?
 Mike-W-99 17 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
I got my copy from Dave Macs online shop as advertised on his blog.
OP Fraser 17 May 2013
In reply to dek:

Front cover? Think it might be Goat Crag but it lists all the inner and outer cover photos on the second one page I seem to remember. Back cover is Upper Cave at Dunkeld.
Sarah G 17 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
I thought you meant Spring!

Sx
 Grahame N 20 May 2013
In reply to Fraser:
Got mine this morning. And what a superb, inspiring, handsome volume it is.
I'm sure they'll be flying off the shelves in the next few weeks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...