UKC

Best climbing films?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Navigante 16 May 2013
Wondering what everyone's favorite climbing films are.

Personally I love Hard XS, I'd love it just for the Great White Fear part, but then you get everything else too

Also, Hard Grit (obviously) - Seb Grieve on Megusha...
 Blue Straggler 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante:

I like The Sharp End
 Gawyllie 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: Au Dela des Cimes - Cathrine Destiville
 tom.e 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: Asgard Jamming
 papashango 16 May 2013

Blood Sweat and Bagels is so awesome!
Removed User 16 May 2013

I don't think I'm alone in my choice of Vertical Limit.
 Dom Cordner 16 May 2013

Real rock Tour (2011 Onwards)
 getandy 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: Suprised im the first one to suggest one of the johnny dawes movies. Stone monkey has to be one of my favorites won over by the epic piece with johnny on the quarryman closely followed by monkey see monkey do.
OP Ed Navigante 16 May 2013

I'm quite surprised no trolls appeared to pick cliffhanger over vertical limit
OP Ed Navigante 16 May 2013

then again, you really can't beat that dynamic cam placement, even with bolting a helicopter to a stack
 Cameron94 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: Dude you just ruined my chance, I was going to go with vertical limits...

I really like The Pinnacle dvd (the hot aches one, nothing else) it's got some cool history, the footage is awesome and the interviews with Jimmy Marshall are great.
 Jacob k-d 16 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: Welsh Connections!! cracking soundtrack and a bunch of great local climbers
 Peakpdr 17 May 2013

Has to be

Best Forgotten Art/ Cliffhanger/ The sharp end/ Hard grit

King lines was ok apart from all the Whhooooping and hippy talk
andymac 17 May 2013

Carry on Up The Khyber.

Bernard Bresslaw steals it for me as the menacing mountain infidel.
benallan 17 May 2013

the first time I saw anyone climbing was Bond in For Your Eyes Only. The Eiger Sanction is pretty good.

My favourite though is K2, awesome, it's the film that made me want to be a climber.

Favourite 'proper' climbing film is Higher Ground, closely followed by Stone Monkey, E11, The Real Thing and Hard Grit
 dutybooty 17 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: I love cold haul.....
In reply to Ed Navigante: OK all, take your rose tints off for a second, they're all a bit crap really, aren't they?
 Richiehill 21 May 2013
In reply to Removed User: Vertical Limit For The Win!

I watched it with my girlfriend and the look of shock and horror on her face at the end was hilarious. "You're not ever doing any of that climbing stuff ever again." It was then that I had to explain that you don't often climb with explosives and that climbing as a whole, really isn't like that. Still, her face and expression made the film worth it.
Removed User 21 May 2013
In reply to Richiehill:

Richie. If you watched Vertical Limit, then you'll need to see the training film that was a spin-off from the original. If you haven't seen it here it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=uxtg7raPDYo&

Everything I learnt about climbing I learnt from Hollywood.
 Richiehill 21 May 2013
In reply to Removed User: Having a watch now, can't wait for it to load!

With a name like Rocky I'm really not surprised! Haha.
 nufkin 23 May 2013
In reply to Cameron94:
> (In reply to ERH) Dude you just ruined my chance, I was going to go with vertical limits...
>
> I really like The Pinnacle dvd (the hot aches one, nothing else) it's got some cool history, the footage is awesome and the interviews with Jimmy Marshall are great.

Seconded - and the 'sequel', The Long Hope is good too.

For something a bit less thoughtful and a bit more whoopy, I think the original First Ascent is still worth a look
 pebbles 23 May 2013
In reply to Ed Navigante: its only a short clip, but I love the kaldakinn ice climbing section in On Sight, it looks wild and awesome. Makes me want to go there. Plus neil gresham's eyes absolutely on stalks at the steepness all the way up his route, then at the bottom announcing it was "a bit of a married mans clip up really".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...