UKC

Tent Advice (am I being a picky bugger?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Levains_Alive 19 May 2013
Criteria being; After some drunks decided to test if my tent was a rigid structure at a festival last year I need a replacement. It will be used sparingly, however initially it will be lived in for one week this year at Glastonbury. So criteria, I'd like to buy something well built, that can stand anything our glorious weather can spring on it (during the summer months), to be able to sit up comfortably would be nice, as would an open enough porch so that i can brew up in the morning. Budget would be £150 tops, interior space needs be only enough for me and my rucksack, weight isn't important. Looking at every brand I can think of,a lot of the the designs seem to be carbon copies of one another.I have narrowed my choices to:
Wild Country Trisar 2
Karrimor Elite Ridge 2
Vango Banshee 2
Wild Country Zephyros 1.
Any input would be great. Cheers
 The Lemming 19 May 2013
In reply to Levains_Alive:

You're going to take an expensiveish tent to a concert, Glastonbury at that?

Buy two tents, a good one and a crap pop-up one for the festival.
In reply to The Lemming: The thought did cross my mind, well the cheap tent part, the reason I'm against it is I'll be working, so would like some degree of comfort after finishing, also I've seen how those tents stand up to even the slightest downpour at other festivals, it isn't confidence inspiring.
 Ed Navigante 19 May 2013

I've got a Banshee 200, It's a good little tent, and will hold up to the weather, but you may find it's a little bit low-roofed inside if you want to work in it. The porch isn't that big either, just enough for boots to stay in and dry really.
 joeldering 19 May 2013
Really advise getting a cheaper tent for the festival - you'll be gutted when some berk breaks a pole in your fancy new tent.
In reply to joel182: It'll be in a private field, as i will be catering there, so i wont be with everyone else.
 Skip 19 May 2013
> (In reply to joel182) It'll be in a private field, as i will be catering there, so i wont be with everyone else.

In my extensive experience of Glastonbury you should be alright in crew/traders camping. I'll be talking my Banshee this year.
t1234 19 May 2013
Get a 3/4 man from somewhere like vango or decathalon about £40/£50. I have been to a festival in a small backpacking tent and its not much fun, better to have plenty of room with the English weather when weight isn't an issue.
In reply to Skip: I'll look into one, on a further note, sports direct are selling a good amount of wild country tents heavily discounted.
 koolkat 20 May 2013
In reply to Levains_Alive: i have a wild country monsoon you can have for £90 its few years old and groundsheest could do with retaping in places but ok apart from that
 HeMa 20 May 2013

Decathlon popup... even if someone jumps on it, it'll simply bounce up.

Cheap.

Can be had with a small porch or somehitng.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...