UKC

number plates stolen in llanberis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LA Bradders 20 May 2013
I was climbing in the llanberis pass on Sunday, south west of the lake. The cars parked on the road side bays. On returning to the cars, one of the cars number plates had been stolen. On reporting to the police they informed it had been a bit of a problem recently. The theifs used the plates later that day to steal petrol. The police are on to it.
Although there is little we can do to prevent this whilst off climbing, I thought a heads up would be appreciated. That and my number plate is now stuck on and the screws heads covered in sealant.
myth 20 May 2013
In reply to LA Bradders: sounds like a good way to stop the traffic wardens to me.
 sbc_10 20 May 2013
In reply to myth:

You would think Traffic Wardens would be linked into the NPC system and be able to match car details with plates when issuing tickets.
Having false plates is more indicative of a serious crime than overstaying the parking meter.
Jim C 20 May 2013
In reply to sbc_10:
> (In reply to myth)
>
> You would think Traffic Wardens would be linked into the NPC system and be able to match car details with plates when issuing tickets.
> Having false plates is more indicative of a serious crime than overstaying the parking meter.

Not sure If that would work if they were not just stealing any plates, but specific plates from the same make model and colour of car as they were driving.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...