UKC

Cuillin ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony Ryland 24 May 2013
Any idea about conditions on the ridge for this weekend?
Any new snow in the last few days?
 BnB 24 May 2013
In reply to Tony Ryland: I'm heading there myself tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some fresh snow. Certainly was in Kintail only 10 miles away. There's definitely some old snow lying in the upper coires as well. I'm packing a single axe and cramps.
OP Tony Ryland 24 May 2013
In reply to BnB: Hope its not too bad, didnt think to pack an axe and crampons
 mmmhumous 24 May 2013
In reply to Tony Ryland:

Looks like there might be snow at the north end of the ridge: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=550565
 Dauphin 24 May 2013
In reply to mmmhumous:

weather has been shite this week, freshly plastered yesterday morning. we left.

d
 JamesRoddie 24 May 2013
In reply to Tony Ryland:

Fresh snow down to fairly low yesterday, still hanging around where the sun hasn't got to it, and not shifting particularly quickly as it is still quite chilly.

There was snow on some sections of Clach Glas-Blaven traverse today, I descended from the Putting Green after my route on the East face of Clach Glas, but the 18 metre chimney up to Blaven looked to have a fair bit of wet snow clinging to the rocks and could be tricky.
 mmmhumous 29 May 2013
In reply to JamesRoddie: plenty of snow left above 700m in north facing sections and sheltered gullies. Although most of it is avoidable. It's quite wet, though getting up it by kicking steps and daggering with rocks was doable yesterday. I was certain six weeks ago on the mainland was going to be the last winter route of the season!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...