UKC

Mallorca DWS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gjgavinjohn 27 May 2013
So i was planning on going to Cala Barques to do a spot of deep water soloing. I know that there is accommodation in a cave of sorts but I've heard that you wouldn't be allowed into the country unless you have an accommodation address.

Does anybody have any idea what this is all about?
 mark catcher 27 May 2013
In reply to gjgavinjohn: I'm not sure the Spanish have taken it that far, but I suspect it's all about putting some money into the local economy (it's ridiculously cheap to get a room anyway), and not have the woods full of discarded tents and bog roll.
 silhouette 27 May 2013
In reply to gjgavinjohn: I'm sceptical that you'd be allowed in the cave. It is small and last time I went someone was already living there. There was widespread wild camping in the valley leading down to the beach; however I have heard that the authorities are clamping down on it so I would post again with "Cala Barques" in the title if I were you. last time I was there in the main season it was tolerated if you took your tent down during the day and just made it look like a tarp.
 silhouette 27 May 2013
In reply to gjgavinjohn:
> .. you wouldn't be allowed into the country unless you have an accommodation address.

Very much doubt that. Perhaps someone from outside the EU would have to do that.
 Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 28 May 2013
In reply to gjgavinjohn: Hi
Camping at Barques is illegal. Officials are cracking down on it.Fines have been handed out which I have witnessed. Please see access notes here and help protect Barques. http://www.rockfax.com/news/2013/05/14/cala-barques-access/
Many thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...