UKC

Help me choose a job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ive been looking for a job for a while; decided that I would like something with regional travel which includes meeting people, perhaps people in need. I considered working for a housing association. Travelling and meeting tenants and people in need of emergency housing. But I have no experience in the industry, I am currently trying to organise some work experience for that.

I am posting to ask if anyone has any job titles or actual jobs which fit the criteria above. I am mainly looking to work in the south west but will also consider north west and perhaps London.

Please help a 'lost in the real world' soul, Don't want to be working in my current employment all my life. It makes me boring.
 Nexonen 27 May 2013
In reply to The Green Giant:

Social worker?
In reply to Nexonen:

I'm good with kids, but prefer to work with adults. Am I right in presuming a lot of social work is working with children?
 Toby S 27 May 2013
In reply to The Green Giant:

A lot of it is. Sad to say Children and Families still tend to be the posts that need filled. However there is also Drug and Alcohol work and a Social Work degree can take you into management roles in the voluntary sector too. My wife trained as a Social Worker but has never worked the front line. She's currently on secondment to the Scottish Government!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...