UKC

North Wales earthquake

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 George_Surf 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux:

quite a few people i know, it's all over facebook this morning
 NickD 29 May 2013
It was pretty exciting in Llanberis, although it would have been nice if it had waited until a more civilised time. I looked out of the window to see if the slate quarries were collapsing.
 Banned User 77 29 May 2013
In reply to NickD: I remember the 84 one.. probably one of my first memories...
 NickD 29 May 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Me too! I was lying on the floor next to a metal fireguard at the time - I think it made me partially deaf
 woolsack 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux: I wouldn't think Tremadoc could take much more shaking could it?
 two06 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux: got woken up by the cat going nuts, I slept though the actual event though.

Here's a pic of the damage someone posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Leighsheps/status/339613571870756864/photo/1
ice.solo 29 May 2013

hey, you made GDACS!

http://gdacs.org/report.aspx?eventtype=EQ&eventid=125015

second lowest quake in 24hrs, but not bad considering the rest were regulars.
 ebygomm 29 May 2013
In reply to IainRUK:
> I remember the 84 one.. probably one of my first memories...

Same here, just turned 4, we were on holiday in Llanbedrog. Lots of tremors afterwards too
 Skyfall 29 May 2013
In reply to jdawg_85:

wow, the insurance bill for that must run into billions, surely...
 pebbles 29 May 2013
In reply to Skyfall: some classic reports on http://earthquake-report.com/2013/05/29/strong-earthquake-wales-united-king...

"caernarfon - Woken up with the bed shaking, sadly my luck was not in"
"Llandudno - Pooed my pants and dropped my jam on toast , may need months off work ."
"Groeslon,Caernarfon - Its the end of the world !!!"
"pwllheli - Shook me out of bed landed face down on the floor, nob hit the ground first so wasnt the best experience"
 Jim Nevill 29 May 2013
In reply to pebbles: Wot no Tsunami?
Glad to see the Welsh humour coming through this awful disaster (sic).
 David Barratt 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux: I hear it shook the potatoes in Dublin!
 Skyfall 29 May 2013
In reply to pebbles:

Of course the biggest 'concern' (some might say relief) is that most of the routes on the Lleyn are likely to have fallen down....
 malk 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux: is the etch a sketch art museum still open?
 NickD 29 May 2013
In reply to Skyfall:
> Of course the biggest 'concern' (some might say relief) is that most of the routes on the Lleyn are likely to have fallen down....

That happens in a moderate breeze.
 john spence 29 May 2013
In reply to richprideaux: I remember a moderate earthquake in Wrexham back in the mid sixties...it did two million pounds worth of improvements.
 browndog33 29 May 2013
In reply to malk: Very good! lol.
 Iwan 29 May 2013

I was awoken this morning by a door that was vibrating violently. I was convinced that someone was trying to break into my house so I snuck out of the back door dressed only in a pair of skids and a pair of clogs. I also collected a billhook from the fireplace on the way out. I found no sign of any intruder so went back to bed. I was going to report the incident to the police but fortunately I saw an article on the BBC website about the quake so I saved myself the embarrassment.
 malk 29 May 2013
In reply to browndog33: to be serious, it has likely increased the chances of rockfalls in Snowdonia this summer esp after this winter- discuss..
 Skyfall 29 May 2013
In reply to malk:

and I was sort of being serious about the LLeyn seacliffs.
 ianstevens 29 May 2013
In reply to malk: Or, it has knocked off all the loose stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...