UKC

Lightweight single rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
abeank 29 May 2013
I've been looking for a single rope to use on scrambles and ridges. Is it worth getting a lightweight rope that can be used for climbing? (30m mammut serenity or similar for example) - or is it not worth the money.
 Mountain Llama 29 May 2013
In reply to abeank: Hi AbeanK

I'm not 100% sure what you mean - do you mean I want a rope for scrambling and should I go for a 50m rope so I can use it for more general purpose climbing?

A lit wt dry treated single would do everything - scrambling, alps, rock climbing - I agree there not cheap but they are multi-purpose and let you do many things with one rope.

The 1st rope I bought was a 50m x 9.2mm mammut revelation and used it for rock climbing and alps.

If you think your not going to use it for rock climbing then a 30m skinny single may be more your game. You could also use a 30m half rope for scrambling and alps etc if you wanted to cut the cost and weight but you need to be mindful that it is a half rope.

HTH Davey
 alasdair19 29 May 2013
In reply to abeank: bite the bullet and get a 50 worthwhile ridges have abseils which will need 50m. Or get a shorter rope and mostly trash your mates 50m ...
 alasdair19 29 May 2013
In reply to alasdair19: I have a joker its good quite stretchy probably more durable.than.a.half not as.tough.as.a. proper 10mm.but you cant have everything

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...