UKC

WWII pilot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boogs 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Me too , priceless wonderful little film .

I'll be damned indeed .

Cheers Tony .
 butteredfrog 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

What a great little story and what a brave bloke!
 Trangia 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Fantastic! The sheer joy on his face at seeing the film.

Those unarmed photo recon pilots were ultra brave. Just imagine being over Berlin just after the defences had been well stirred up by a B17 raid, finding one of your cameras wasn't working and going round making more passes for the next 30 mins so that you could get your photos.

Respect.

Thanks for posting that.
 dale1968 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: Great footage, cheers tony
 pneame 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:
Great film. My dad flew photo-rec spits in n. India after ww2. I'll have to see what he thinks of this!
Removed User 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Brilliant little film, such bravery too. My first darkroom experience was developing recon photos at RAF Marham. Detail those cameras and film could capture was incredible. thanks for that.
Jim C 30 May 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

I just remembered, I have some super8 film which I'm sure will be of my kids in the early 80's in a cine camera I came across recently, not in the same league as this historic item, but it has spurred me to do something about it.

It will be interesting to see my 30 years olds face if I can get it developed.

Cheers for that a great story.
 Ade Lane 01 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor: What a great story. Thanks for posting this. That guy was so brave.
 ThunderCat 02 Jun 2013
In reply to Ade Lane:

What a wonderful clip. Loved it.
Sarah G 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:
Wow, what a find, thanks for posting this. I've watched it through twice (and some bits more than that!), and I think the film in itself is excellent, with a nice preamble about the technical aspects etc. Then the interview...so moving...."Oh! It's me!" gets me every time; and the heartfelt, "every pilot should fly a spitfire at least once".

Folks, catch it while you can- it is up on utube for limited time only.

Sx
andymac 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Great Stuff.

No wonder he got the DFC.

Blue Straggler 03 Jun 2013
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Excellent stuff.
Thanks for the link.

I like the "logic" about not putting bulletproof glass on the defenceless Spitfire's canopy....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...