UKC

1 man tent needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stealintime 02 Jun 2013
hi anyone got a 1 man tent for sale as i need one asap..cheers David.
 1906johns 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: terra nova laser competition, excellent condition and only used 5/6 times in summer conditions. Would be looking for about £280

Alex
 Run_Ross_Run 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:
Check out Field and Trek. They've got some good deals on lightweight tents terra nova, north face etc.

Most retailers have similar deals too.
 David Coley 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: I have a Vango Banshee 200 used once that you can have for £50 plus postage. Although this is sold as a two man tent, it isn't, it's a reasonably sized 1 man tent.
Orion's Face 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

I have a green Hilleberg Akto for sale £250. Excellent condition except for some abrasion to one of the guylines. Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66952702@N07/sets/

Four years old with light use (no more than 15 nights out).

I am 6'2" and I find it pretty roomy for one with a really good sized vestibule. I have also shared it with my wife on occasion so it is possible (though cosy) to sleep 2.

Stats from Cotswold website:

£425
Packed size: 58 x 17cm
Capacity: 1 Person
Fabric: Kerlon 1200 Ripstop (silicone treated nylon)
Pole: DAC Featherlite NSL
Pitches all-in-one
Vestibule
 jules699 02 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: What type do you need?/purpose?
 neil9216 03 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

HI

I have a Mountain hardwear Viperine for sale 100 quid.

I have used it 3 times, it also comes with the optional footprint so you can use it as a stand alone shelter, its a 2 man tent but quite small so would make an excellent one man,
check out the following review

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/Gear-Reviews/Search-Results/Tents/Mountai...

cheers

Neil
stealintime 03 Jun 2013
In reply to jules699: im kinda new to this so its just for sleeping wild not on sites, im kinda a big lad at 6' 8" so i need something with a bit of room and needs to go up quick also 4 season wouldnt be a bad idea cheers Jules.
 Brass Nipples 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

Why ASAP, getting evicted?
 cuppatea 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime:

Interesting.

What's your budget?
 useful 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: Shame you're so tall!
My mate turned up at Pembroke with one of these (he's about 6ft), claiming it cost him £30 of t'interweb:
http://www.gelert.com/products/solo_tent

It was light, small, and quick/easy to rig. Made my Army surplus DPM bivvy bag and tarp seem a bit overweight!
It still might be a bit snug for you, though.
almost sane 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: Argos, go outdoors, Tesco all do cheap tents that are not too bad.
Henrycuillin 04 Jun 2013
In reply to stealintime: I have a nordisk pasch, used it in a force 8 gale, works a treat!
 Gav M 04 Jun 2013
In reply to useful:

Gelert Solo is a really bad tent. Don't waste your money.
stealintime 05 Jun 2013
In reply to Henrycuillin: how much do you want for your nordisk pasch cheers Dav.
 BigBrother 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Henrycuillin:
> (In reply to stealintime) I have a nordisk pasch, used it in a force 8 gale, works a treat!

That looks like the famous Argos Tiger Paws which was a copy of the Sierra Designs tent. Which reminds me I have to sell the TP I bought as a spare...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...