UKC

Guidebooks for Bristol area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 06 Jun 2013
Hi, I'm guessing the gorge is well covered, I'm just wondering what publishers etc make the guidebooks? Also looking for one that covers Trym Valley Gorge etc as well. Any company/etc make one for there?

Also heard they may be a new Bristol Bouldering guide in the works, any idea if this is still happening?
 beardy mike 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: the climbers club do this area and a new avon and area one is due out very soon. Cheddar has a crocker guide to it. Fairy caves has a supplment available. The is also the wye valley guide, covering wintours, shorn etc. and theres also a cc selected guide to the southwest. Rockfax also do one but it has less routes in this area than the cc one.
 The Pylon King 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

The current CC Avon and Cheddar guide covers Trym.

The recent Fairy Cave book is a definitive not a supplement.

There is a new CC book in the pipeline covering all the minor crags in the Bristol and Cheddar area as well as all the bouldering.
 leland stamper 06 Jun 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Crocker is writing the new guide and is asking for any info on crags and climbs in the area
 remus Global Crag Moderator 06 Jun 2013
In reply to mike kann:
> (In reply to Steve nevers) the climbers club do this area and a new avon and area one is due out very soon.

How soon are we talking? The CC website reckons it wont be out until 2015...
OP Steve nevers 07 Jun 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to Steve nevers)
>
> The current CC Avon and Cheddar guide covers Trym.
>
> The recent Fairy Cave book is a definitive not a supplement.

Thank you.

Is that the CC Avon book that happens to be out of Print?

If so Dans managed to get a loan from Dick for this weekend, but was hoping to get a copy secured for my regular group. I think i've seen the FCQ one, believe its £4? Was planning to get a copy because some friends from Yeovil climb there a lot, but from their feedback they've kind of just 'followed the holds' rather than any defined routes, so they could do with a copy!

Also if you still fancy a day cleaning Snuff Mills or other crags i'm still up for that.

In reply to leland stamper:
> (In reply to Steve nevers) Crocker is writing the new guide and is asking for any info on crags and climbs in the area.

Thanks as well. Would i be right in thinking thats the same WIP guidebook Plyon King mentioned? Guessing thats a certain Mr. M Crocker? I can't remember his name at this time of the morning, but I have chatted to a Guy that volunteers for Climb Bristol via facebook about a future guidebook and developments along the Frome valley (Eastville/Ring Road/Winterbourne etc). Would be great if you could email me with any details/info.

Also we still need to arrange to get to a crag at the same time!
OP Steve nevers 07 Jun 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to Steve nevers)
>
> The current CC Avon and Cheddar guide covers Trym.
>

Of curse is isn't. You have just said CURRENT.

Sorry, I'm drunk and on the internet in the AM.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...